1. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 18:01
    Hi
    My current rating is just under 1400 and I recently won a game against a player with a rating of over 1900. This is the best game I have played and was naturally very pleased, but he messaged me the following message after the game accusing me of using an engine.
    "you have been playing a perfect game! I did make 2 mistakes but you did not after that, looking at how you played the other game where I checkmated you, I can only come to one conclusion that you are using an engine. Good Luck!"
    I am offended by this and what should have been a great expereince has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Any suggestions to addess this?
    Thanks
    Sculler
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 20:25
    Terrible sportsmanship on your opponent's part. If you wish to follow it up officially, use "send feedback" at the bottom of any page.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 20:57
    Thanks, the other player has apologised - so no harm done.
    You advice is good for future reference.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 14:00
    Originally posted by Sculler
    Hi
    My current rating is just under 1400 and I recently won a game against a player with a rating of over 1900. This is the best game I have played and was naturally very pleased, but he messaged me the following message after the game accusing me of using an engine.
    "you have been playing a perfect game! I did make 2 mistakes but you did not after that, lo ...[text shortened]... pereince has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Any suggestions to addess this?
    Thanks
    Sculler
    If you didn't use a engine then don't let it leave a bitter taste in your. You played a great game. It was such a great game that a 1900 rated player thinks you're a chess engine. Sweet!!! 😀 Great Job! 😉
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 19:55
    Originally posted by Sculler
    Hi
    "you have been playing a perfect game! I did make 2 mistakes but you did not after that, lo ...[text shortened]... pereince has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Any suggestions to addess this?
    Thanks
    Sculler
    A fine malt whisky will do the trick, both to toast the excellent win and rid you of the taste of your opponents sour grapes.

I would have PM'd him back.

Thanks, it sounds like you are having a wee tantrum because I beat you using the brain that I was born with. I did an engine match up analysis on both games which measured you at 86% and me at 53% in the game you won, but in the game you lost your rate was 38% compared to my rate of 52%.

Maybe you forgot to plug in something when you were playing the 2nd game!!

I will need to watch out for you when we next meet just in case 😛
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 06:59
    Originally posted by adramforall
    A fine malt whisky will do the trick, both to toast the excellent win and rid you of the taste of your opponents sour grapes.

I would have PM'd him back.

Thanks, it sounds like you are having a wee tantrum because I beat you using the brain that I was born with. I did an engine match up analysis on both games which measured you at 86% and me ...[text shortened]... ying the 2nd game!!

I will need to watch out for you when we next meet just in case 😛
    recommended . . .LOVE IT! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree