1. puñO y letRa
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 17:27
    I would like to know what's the difference between serves (redhotpawn.com, chessatwork.com, redhotchess.com, timeforchess.com, and theimmortalgame.com).

I have read the FAQ and I have taked sure that there's no internal differences, but each one of them have different looks. And in it says, for example, chessatwork.com is more suitable for playing at work..but I don't see the advantages to play in that server because there's no new options to pretend it if the boss come near of you, and the main page appears as the others (with the chess tables, etc.).

I would be thankful if somebody could explain me the differents between each one of them. GoOdHeaLth*
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 18:00
    Originally posted by aGoRessivE
    I would like to know what's the difference between serves (redhotpawn.com, chessatwork.com, redhotchess.com, timeforchess.com, and theimmortalgame.com).

I have read the FAQ and I have taked sure that there's no internal differences, but each one of them have different looks. And in it says, for example, chessatwork.com is more suitable for playing at ...[text shortened]... ss come near of you, and the main page appears as the others (with the chess tables, etc.).
    AIUI, the only difference is the skin. As for chessatwork, it's less gaudy, so it will not attract as much attention from passers-by, looking like a normal, serious, possibly work-related forum.

Richard
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 18:28
    Originally posted by aGoRessivE

I have read the FAQ and I have taked sure that there's no internal differences, but each one of them have different looks. And in it says, for example, chessatwork.com is more suitable for playing at ...[text shortened]... e thankful if somebody could explain me the differents between each one of them. GoOdHeaLth*
    The sites you mention are not all on different "servers", just different URLs. These are all hosted on the same server.

As Shallow Blue says, there are no real differences between the different sites and are really only there to give you a choice of look & feel. Just pick the one you like and ignore the others.

The only reason that this is even mentioned in the FAQs is to ensure that users are aware that these other URLs exist and that any mention of these "other" sites in the Forums, still relate to the same site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree