1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 09:082 edits
    Much like the forums, would it be a good idea to have an alert button for internal RHP messages (IMs or in game chat)?

When you receive a message you consider to be rude, offensive or spam, you can if you wish altert this message for review by the RHP moderators.

The obvious problem with the idea is that the mods are too busy already. And there's enough bad vibes around of late, so more negative features may hinder rather than help.

And would it ever be useful? I've had a fair bit of clan spam but fortunately none from JW so it was all well mannered and I wouldn't have bothered with an alert. And only one rude opponent in a game.

PS: there's nothing that triggered this post. its just a question of design completeness really.
  2. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 09:17
    Originally posted by Toe
    Much like the forums, would it be a good idea to have an alert button for internal RHP messages (IMs or in game chat)?

When you receive a message you consider to be rude, offensive or spam, you can if you wish altert this message for review by the RHP moderators.

The obvious problem with the idea is that the mods are too busy already. And there's enough ...[text shortened]... there's nothing that triggered this post. its just a question of design completeness really.
    i dont think it would be a bad idae... but as you said the mods already have enough trouble right now. i think this might be a far off goal.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 09:33
    For game messaging, maybe the best solution would be to have a 'messages on/off' toggle button right on the game page, around the area where the move button is, or under it. That way if someone in a particular game is bothering you with messages, just turn them off. Next time they try and send a message, they would get a little notice that you have the message option off. You could just turn it on or off whenever you wish.

As you say, this really isn't the moderator's job. Their function is to moderate the public forums, not game messages or private messages.

regards, Marc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree