1. Joined
    09 Dec '02
    Moves
    12 Dec '02 07:38

just since the change today... yesterday it was perfect...
    unfortunately, i am on a rather little known way to access the web and that is via the game console/internet device called Dreamcast by sega... so, i am used to some things not working right, on a limited platform...

but, one problem... we who use the dreamcast have long searched for a good chess site (the dreamcast browsers do not support java and cannot download software), and two days ago when i found this magnificent site, i posted the link to a group of dreamcast users...
    and they in turn, are at this moment probably telling others...

so, while i am not asking for a change, i just sort of want to know if anyone else is experiencing this or not... if not, it is apparently just one of those dreamcast things and i need to rush out and stop everyone from spreading the link... (heh, and decide what to do about the 8 games i am currently in...)

(btw, just to clarify, yes, there are many sites for correspondance games, but, admittedly, we are ever searching for one that nicely doubles as a live-play site, since the choices with this platform for live play are basically zero... this one accomplished it nearly perfectly, best we have seen in a couple years of looking... there has been quite some excitement over finding this site...)

all i can see is not much, i'm afraid... from what i see in the source, the darker squares should be coming out with the color #AAAAAA, and they simply are not, for no apparent reason my javascript novice eyes can see... i do not know enough about it to see anything else in the source, nor do i have source from an example from yesterday to look at for a difference...

again, we are realistic and are not asking for work for what would undoubtedly be a minority, but, it would be great relief to hear someone else has this problem to know it is not just us, which would keep our hopes up...
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '02
    Moves
    12 Dec '02 07:44
    oh, the only other thing i can think of to mention is that it is every board... game details, history, playchess.php, and everything...
    now, before, the board thumbnails on the yourgames.php only had white squares, though, i assume this is intentional... but now, it is all of them...
  3. Joined
    10 Dec '02
    Moves
    12 Dec '02 10:46
    Well since the screen was "lightened" several friends have notified me
    of this problem....I'm on a pc and new here but posted the site at a
    webtv eGroup that I moderate (4000 members strong). It will be very
    dissapointing if they won't be able to join in. Please correct this as I'm
    sure it's bound to be a simple fix....
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Dec '02 10:581 edit
    Ok, looks like I underestimated the number of people using old
    equipment. (Win TV/Consoles)

I will investigate if I can get hold of a win tv emulator.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree