1. Joined
    24 Jun '02
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 07:32
    I really like the feature. Just one small problem. Once you have moved the pieces around and then click back to try another line it always goes back to the move prior to the actual position where you started. Has this been done to remind people of the last move or has a small error just slipped in. No big hassle to hit the forward button again but just thought that if there is no reason for it to be this way then it could be romoved. Thanks for all the good work Russ!!
  2. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 08:01
    also, if i'm not mistaken, it doesn't handle 'en passant' very well...or am i missing something?
  3. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 09:28
    The game history buttons act according to the game history, not what you've done since then.

use the 'to end of game' button (pointer to right going into a bar) to reset the board to the current position
  4. Standard membercrythias
    Multiple OS User
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 13:21
    Originally posted by dfm65
    also, if i'm not mistaken, it doesn't handle 'en passant' very well...or am i missing something?
    I think that's because the board becomes "Dumb" in analyze mode. the only way to do en passant is to attack the opposing pawn, then move the pawn forward. It doesn't castle automatically, either :-).
  5. London
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 23:04
    Originally posted by crythias
    I think that's because the board becomes "Dumb" in analyze mode. the only way to do en passant is to attack the opposing pawn, then move the pawn forward. It doesn't castle automatically, either :-).
    Yes, only the server understands the rules of chess; that's why, when you castle on the game page, you move the king and then, when you press 'Move', the rook moves when the screen refreshes.
    To say that 'Analyze board' is dumb is a little unfair - it's way beyond what I could imagine doing in a client-side script - but you can't expect it to know much more about the rules of the game than a wooden chess set does.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree