1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 17:45
    This applies to only Android 8 users who use the RHP Android app, installed from the Play Store.

You may be experiencing crashes, if so, please read this thread :

Thread 175258

A full release is on the way, but not until early in the new year, so if you would like a fix, please follow up on the above thread.
  2. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 16:59
    Originally posted by @russ
    This applies to only [b]Android 8 users who use the RHP Android app, installed from the Play Store.

You may be experiencing crashes, if so, please read this thread :

Thread 175258

A full release is on the way, but not until early in the new year, so if you would like a fix, please follow up on the above thread.[/b]
    Russ, is this the actual RHP app (appears as 'RedHotPawn Play Chess Online' by netAdapt Apps in Google Play Store) or the RHP Notification Widget, also available via Play Store? I only ask as although visual and aural notifications from the latter work on my handset (new HTC U11, so high-end as you put it!), I don't seem to be able to directly access the website from it. Visual notifications from the RHP app also appear on my phone and I do seem to be able to access my boards as usual.

FW
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 17:531 edit
    The "RHP Notification Widget" is not an official RHP project, and no support can be offered.

The "netAdapt" RHP app is official one, and it is this that may crash on Android 8. I will have a new build for beta tomorrow, so if you would like to help, just let me know.

This request is now open to all Android phone users. Any help much appreciated.
  4. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 17:59
    Assuming it's not overly time-consuming and doesn't crash my handset, I'm happy to help. Work commitments (also weather-related) mean I'm not always on-board.

FW
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 16:434 edits
    This is open to anyone...if you want to get the current beta version, you can use this link to opt in. Thanks.

Beta Test RHP Android App

edit : This update is all about the notifications. There is a very short delay before a move notification arrives after your opponent moves, then a less frequent "Games Waiting" notification if you remain inactive.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 14:02
  7. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 01:57
    When and how do you want feedback on the Beta test version Russ?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Dec '17 12:292 edits
    Originally posted by @flyingwolf
    When and how do you want feedback on the Beta test version Russ?
    Don't worry - you could either leave feedback here, or even within the Play Store beta system, but after a week with no significant problems that I could see, it was rolled out live.

The issues with Android 8 meant this had to be pushed out ASAP to avoid the increasing occurrences of the crash issue. Next release - conditional moves. This will also have a beta period - anyone already signed up to the RHP Android Beta program will get the update automatically.

See this link if you would like to help in future.

Beta Test RHP Android App

Thanks all who did use the beta for this release - very, very helpful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree