1. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 21:34
    If I place an open invite how long does it stay offered for?

Secondly, is there a way of influencing how long my invititation stays open?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 23:151 edit
    1 - It stays on forever, or until Russ (or his side kick(s) or yourself) deletes them or untill it gets accepted offcourse.
    2 - Yes, you can delete them yourself, although not (yet?) automatically.

A bit obvious answers I see...
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 09:29
    If what you say is true then I believe that there are a group of players who accept games and then delete them straight away.

I have offered invites before that have disappeared without being taken.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 10:29
    Originally posted by invigorate
    If what you say is true then I believe that there are a group of players who accept games and then delete them straight away.

Assuming you are using a valid email address here, whenever an open invite is accepted by someone, the site sends you a notification of this and gives the username of the individual who accepted the game.
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    23 Apr '05 11:16
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Assuming you are using a valid email address here, whenever an open invite is accepted by someone, the site sends you a notification of this and gives the username of the individual who accepted the game.
    yes, but some of us live here and only visit of email once a week or so.

I think a PM would be a much better method of communication for this sort of thing.
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    24 Apr '05 00:30

I discovered this the hard way when I first joined the site. It's a complete mystery why people do this.

PM would only work if they choose to send you a message, which they won't because they're not nice in the first place by doing this. The e-mail is automatically generated. I don't think there's any way of automatically generating a PM.
  7. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    24 Apr '05 00:30

I discovered this the hard way when I first joined the site. It's a complete mystery why people do this.

PM would only work if they choose to send you a message, which they won't because they're not nice in the first place by doing this. The e-mail is automatically generated. I don't think there's any way of automatically generating a PM.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree