1. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 00:22
    Hello all,

On the off chance you can help, recently got an old notepad off a friend and having re-formatted the machine it would appear I'm without Audio capability, I'm running a 'Asus' A7V......The machine is quite old, has xp, Intel centrino. I've been to Asus's website to find the right driver but I'm out of my depth(Having downloaded a few Zip files). What is unusual about my machine is that it has:...prev/next/stop/play and pause buttons at the base of the mouse pad, seperate from the keyboard if that helps?
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 14:32
    Reformatting has cleared its knowledge of drivers etc. so you are on the right track. Have you not got a disk with driver info eg backup disk ?
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 21:17
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Hello all,

On the off chance you can help, recently got an old notepad off a friend and having re-formatted the machine it would appear I'm without Audio capability, I'm running a 'Asus' A7V......The machine is quite old, has xp, Intel centrino. I've been to Asus's website to find the right driver but I'm out of my depth(Having downloaded a few Zi ...[text shortened]... and pause buttons at the base of the mouse pad, seperate from the keyboard if that helps?
    Is it this model?
    http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=7rfztxgY183REcxM

If so click the Download tab then the Audio option. That should be the driver you're after.
  4. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 22:59
    Christ alive!!........cheers guys, Mac/Sin, once again a great source of knowledge here at RHP......now if it's alright I'll crawl back under my rock.
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 23:03
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Reformatting has cleared its knowledge of drivers etc. so you are on the right track. Have you not got a disk with driver info eg backup disk ?
    No, no disk, a friend of a friend of a friend supplied the Windows data however Deamon Sin got me on the right path, all ok now thanks for the replie though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree