1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    27 May '04 01:333 edits
    a player has an option: auto-creator on (or off).

if the player chooses to have auto-creator on then:

a game is created automatically for them.

a game is not made between any two people already playing a game with each other.

the game is set as black for you if you played that opponent with white in your most recently finished game, if no games have been played between them before then it is randomly selected.

a game is created with the nearest rated opponent who also selected auto-creator on and is eligible for a new game.

a game is created only for a player who has less games in progress than the number that they set as maximum number of games'.

no games are auto-created unless the player moved since their last game was auto-created. an absolute maximum of 5 new auto-creator games per player per day

as i said: i am dreaming 😞 i dream that everyone would be happy to play 3 day timeout with 28 day timebank.
  2. London
    Moves
    28 May '04 22:23
    I really like this idea. I think it would meet a huge proportion of most people's demand for casual games. Tournaments and clans are great for playing people of varied strength, but it can be tricky to get a balanced game.

While we're dreaming, I just had another idea - what about a RHP convention: meet Russ & Chris, meet other players, play chess OTB (informally, I think, altho some simuls against any 2000+ players willing to to take part would be fun), make site improvement suggestions (and vote on them?), swap experience of other chess software, swap PGN databases...

Of course location would be a bit tricky to choose. Maybe the first could be in the UK as Russ & Chris are here and then after that it would depend where they fancied visiting - I'm assuming that their travel costs would be covered by the attendance fee.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 May '04 22:35
    Hawaii? Come on, there must be loads of RHP players there... 😉

-Russ
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    29 May '04 07:38
    Originally posted by Russ
    Hawaii? Come on, there must be loads of RHP players there... 😉

-Russ
    sorry, I did not understand this one...
    th
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    30 May '04 03:13
    Originally posted by flexmore
    a player has an option: auto-creator on (or off).

if the player chooses to have auto-creator on then:

a game is created automatically for them.

a game is not made between any two people already playing a game with each other.

the game is set as black for you if you played that opponent with white in your most recently finished game, if no games ...[text shortened]... am dreaming 😞 i dream that everyone would be happy to play 3 day timeout with 28 day timebank.
    Good idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree