1. Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 10:55
    I had one game left in the Xmas Grand II : Rnd. 1 tournament against Luck - Game ID 355497.
    This tournament had a one-day timeout and Luck hadn't moved for a while.

I don't mind this and I had previously mailed Luck to say no problem.

Luck hasn't moved for a while, and I've also sent reminders in the last few days.
    The Claim Win icon has been there for a while but since game was close I had no intention of claiming the game.

When I logged in this morning, the game was mine? Game Over - Move Timeout.
    I definetly didn't claim the game by clicking on the Claim Win icon, so was the move timeout win triggered automatically?

Has this happened to anyone else recently? Also is there any way of reversing this as I'd like to finish the game?

Regards
    Laz
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 11:26
    Automatic time-outs apply to all tournament games, so what happened in your game with Luck is very common. If you really want to continue the game, it wouldn't be too difficult to create an unrated, set-piece game, using the final position as a starting point. Assuming that Luck is also interested in this. Or just play a normal game, and repeat the moves of your tournament game.

Dave

3. Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 11:35
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Automatic time-outs apply to all tournament games, so what happened in your game with Luck is very common. If you really want to continue the game, it wouldn't be too difficult to create an unrated, set-piece game, using the final position as a starting point. Assuming that Luck is also interested in this. Or just play a normal game, and repeat the moves of your tournament game.

Dave

David,

Thanks for the information.
    I'd just assumed that the game would just continue so long as I didn't click the Claim Win skull.
    I'll drop Luck a message.

Cheers
    Laz

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree