Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member chancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    13 Sep '03 03:27
    How do I go about getting an AVATAR. I'm not computer savvy, so try to explain in simplest terms possible. What's the URL?...any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...🙄
  2. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    13 Sep '03 04:14 / 1 edit
    You put an image up on the web,then you go to 'my forum settings' and paste the url in the box there.Et voilà 😵
  3. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    13 Sep '03 04:14
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    How do I go about getting an AVATAR. I'm not computer savvy, so try to explain in simplest terms possible. What's the URL?...any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...🙄
    What one from that page do you like?

    This is the coast gaurd one.

    http://www.usinsignia.com/35HL_sm.jpg

    I right clicked an image and picked "Properties."

    Keep in mind a forum avatar needs to be small, 50x50 looks best.

    I can help more, just need more info from you.

    Phla
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    13 Sep '03 12:22
    Here are some avatars I uploaded to get people started a long time back. Most are unused these days, so take your pick :

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rnewman/avatars/avatars.html

    -Russ
  5. Standard member Arther
    The Turtle Hermit
    13 Sep '03 12:43
    Um... I tried your link there, & I got 'the page cannot be found'. Got another one?
  6. Standard member Toe
    13 Sep '03 16:42 / 1 edit
    try

    www.gamespy.com/avatars/

    in your 'My Forum settings' page, set the URL of the image you like: for example

    http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/SO/so45.gif

    for a thundercats avatar. quite cool.

    hope that helps a bit.
  7. Standard member Arther
    The Turtle Hermit
    15 Sep '03 02:06
    There, that's a lot better. Thank you.
  8. Standard member royalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    15 Sep '03 02:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    Here are some avatars I uploaded to get people started a long time back. Most are unused these days, so take your pick :

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rnewman/avatars/avatars.html

    -Russ
    Russ, I couldn't resist. If you object, I'll change it....😀
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    15 Sep '03 02:28
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Russ, I couldn't resist. If you object, I'll change it....😀
    I think you should find a similar cartoon chicken and make it go through the same head and face motions...... russ jr.

    P-
  10. Standard member chancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    15 Sep '03 03:21
    Thanks to all who responded to my request for assistance...great chess family we got here.....Semper to all!!...😵
  11. 15 Sep '03 03:42
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Thanks to all who responded to my request for assistance...great chess family we got here.....Semper to all!!...😵
    Semper what? "Semper" means "Always" so saying "Always to all" doesnt seem to make much sense 😕 just confused