Standard memberDelmer
Help 14 Jul '06 00:19
  1. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 00:19
    My avatar vanished a few days ago, after being there for a couple of years. I've re-entered the url a couple of times but no luck. Any suggestions? Any reasons to account for the avatar vanishing?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 00:40
    Originally posted by Delmer
    My avatar vanished a few days ago, after being there for a couple of years. I've re-entered the url a couple of times but no luck. Any suggestions? Any reasons to account for the avatar vanishing?
    Where was it hosted? Could it simply have been removed?

I miss your raccoon. :'(
  3. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 01:13
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Where was it hosted? Could it simply have been removed?

I miss your raccoon. :'(
    I miss my raccoon too. The host is stil there and the raccoon picture is still there but when I copy the url into RHP nothing happens. I don't really understand how this works but if RHP automatically accesses the avatar site each time then I suppose that site could have changed its policy. Again, I just don't know how it all works Anyway I'll keep trying to get it working again. The host is a site named Animation Library.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 02:45
    www.imageshack.us

Transload it there.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 09:09
    Originally posted by Delmer
    I miss my raccoon too. The host is stil there and the raccoon picture is still there but when I copy the url into RHP nothing happens. I don't really understand how this works but if RHP automatically accesses the avatar site each time then I suppose that site could have changed its policy. Again, I just don't know how it all works Anyway I'll keep trying to get it working again. The host is a site named Animation Library.
    I had a look at the site and found this in the FAQ:
    "Q: Can I link directly to animations on Animation Library?
    A: No, because if you will load animations directly from our server, it will cost us money and make our site slower. If you want to use an animation on your website, you have to download the animation and then upload it to your site."
    So you'll have to host it some place, e.g. imageshack as Xanthos suggested.
  6. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '06 14:39
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I had a look at the site and found this in the FAQ:
    "Q: Can I link directly to animations on Animation Library?
    A: No, because if you will load animations directly from our server, it will cost us money and make our site slower. If you want to use an animation on your website, you have to download the animation and then upload it to your site."
    So you'll have to host it some place, e.g. imageshack as Xanthos suggested.
    Thanks, Nordlys and X, I'll see if I can work that out sometime this weekend. Animation Library must have changed their policy because it had worked okay for a couple of years. If I run into problems, and that's quite possible, I may message one of you for help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree