Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    18 Apr '03 10:17
    i have found the picture i want 4 my avatar but i don't seem able 2 convert the picture into a URL can sum1 explain this 4 me please?
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    18 Apr '03 16:56
    the pic is somewhere in the internet?
    do you know the url? post it or drop me a message!
    th
  3. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    18 Apr '03 19:13
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    i have found the picture i want 4 my avatar but i don't seem able 2 convert the picture into a URL can sum1 explain this 4 me please?
    Hey Orkeyboy. Do you have a web site like Geocities, or do you use Yahoo? You need to post this picture someplace on the net, and point your properties to this Url. Sounds like someone else is helping you with this, but if you still are stuck drop me a message.
  4. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    19 Apr '03 10:57
    Originally posted by thire
    the pic is somewhere in the internet?
    do you know the url? post it or drop me a message!
    th
    No, I have it saved on the school intranet so I can't access it from my home computer. I tried putting it on at lunchtime a while back. Can you explain how to do this thire? 😛
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    19 Apr '03 14:22
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    No, I have it saved on the school intranet so I can't access it from my home computer. I tried putting it on at lunchtime a while back. Can you explain how to do this thire? 😛
    If you like, Orkey... email the picture to me. I'll place it online for you and let you know where it is so you can use it.

    Basicly you need a web page of your own, and use a program like CuteFTP or Front Page (Express) to put it Online. Once it is online you can point to it in your "my home / profile settings" set-up screen.

    I don't know if I should write any of my emails here, so figure out how to message me, and I'll give you more details.
  6. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    19 Apr '03 21:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Hey Orkeyboy. Do you have a web site like Geocities, or do you use Yahoo? You need to post this picture someplace on the net, and point your properties to this Url. Sounds like someone else is helping you with this, but if you still are stuck drop me a message.
    Geocities and Yahoo r the same people.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    19 Apr '03 21:54
    Originally posted by CFC
    Geocities and Yahoo r the same people.
    Sort of... but you could have an account at Yahoo, but not have a site at Geocities... So it would be easier to upload a few pictures to Geocities rather than making 2 accounts at Yahoo. One picture for Forum Avatar, one picture for Profile picture.
    😉
  8. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    19 Apr '03 22:04
    Some ISP's provide some space on their server for their members, so you can put up a web page or just to store some graphics, etc. I don't know how common that is, but it would be worth checking to see if yours does.

    regards, Marc
  9. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    19 Apr '03 22:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Sort of... but you could have an account at Yahoo, but not have a site at Geocities... So it would be easier to upload a few pictures to Geocities rather than making 2 accounts at Yahoo. One picture for Forum Avatar, one picture for Profile picture.
    😉
    Whatever. I don't care.
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Apr '03 03:01
    Originally posted by CFC
    Whatever. I don't care.
    If you don't care don't post. dur. As long as you realize they are not the same place we agree.
    😉
  11. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    20 Apr '03 08:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If you don't care don't post. dur. As long as you realize they are not the same place we agree.
    😉
    But like u said they r kind of the same place...😀😛
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Apr '03 16:26
    Originally posted by CFC
    But like u said they r kind of the same place...😀😛
    Mind me asking what CFC stands for... I do care.
    😀
  13. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    20 Apr '03 16:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Mind me asking what CFC stands for... [b]I do care.
    😀[/b]
    I don't know what CFC stands for 😳
    th
  14. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    20 Apr '03 17:15
    Chelsea Football Club. The greatest soccer team on earth.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
  15. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Apr '03 20:17
    Originally posted by CFC
    Chelsea Football Club. The greatest soccer team on earth.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
    Ah, a sockster fan. I'm from the land of Foot and Baseball. Not even much for basketball. Let me know if you ever plan to get a star and I'll make a bouncing ball for your avatar... if you like.

    😵