Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

o
Looooney Ork

A galaxy far away

Moves
18 Apr 03

i have found the picture i want 4 my avatar but i don't seem able 2 convert the picture into a URL can sum1 explain this 4 me please?

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
18 Apr 03

the pic is somewhere in the internet?
do you know the url? post it or drop me a message!
th

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Apr 03

Originally posted by orkyboy
i have found the picture i want 4 my avatar but i don't seem able 2 convert the picture into a URL can sum1 explain this 4 me please?
Hey Orkeyboy. Do you have a web site like Geocities, or do you use Yahoo? You need to post this picture someplace on the net, and point your properties to this Url. Sounds like someone else is helping you with this, but if you still are stuck drop me a message.

o
Looooney Ork

A galaxy far away

Moves
19 Apr 03

Originally posted by thire
the pic is somewhere in the internet?
do you know the url? post it or drop me a message!
th
No, I have it saved on the school intranet so I can't access it from my home computer. I tried putting it on at lunchtime a while back. Can you explain how to do this thire? 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Apr 03

Originally posted by orkyboy
No, I have it saved on the school intranet so I can't access it from my home computer. I tried putting it on at lunchtime a while back. Can you explain how to do this thire? 😛
If you like, Orkey... email the picture to me. I'll place it online for you and let you know where it is so you can use it.

Basicly you need a web page of your own, and use a program like CuteFTP or Front Page (Express) to put it Online. Once it is online you can point to it in your "my home / profile settings" set-up screen.

I don't know if I should write any of my emails here, so figure out how to message me, and I'll give you more details.

C
Zak the mad boy

Stamford Bridge

Moves
19 Apr 03

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Hey Orkeyboy. Do you have a web site like Geocities, or do you use Yahoo? You need to post this picture someplace on the net, and point your properties to this Url. Sounds like someone else is helping you with this, but if you still are stuck drop me a message.
Geocities and Yahoo r the same people.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Apr 03

Originally posted by CFC
Geocities and Yahoo r the same people.
Sort of... but you could have an account at Yahoo, but not have a site at Geocities... So it would be easier to upload a few pictures to Geocities rather than making 2 accounts at Yahoo. One picture for Forum Avatar, one picture for Profile picture.
😉

RHP Member No.16

Moves
19 Apr 03

Some ISP's provide some space on their server for their members, so you can put up a web page or just to store some graphics, etc. I don't know how common that is, but it would be worth checking to see if yours does.

regards, Marc

C
Zak the mad boy

Stamford Bridge

Moves
19 Apr 03

Sort of... but you could have an account at Yahoo, but not have a site at Geocities... So it would be easier to upload a few pictures to Geocities rather than making 2 accounts at Yahoo. One picture for Forum Avatar, one picture for Profile picture.
😉
Whatever. I don't care.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Apr 03

Originally posted by CFC
Whatever. I don't care.
If you don't care don't post. dur. As long as you realize they are not the same place we agree.
😉

C
Zak the mad boy

Stamford Bridge

Moves
20 Apr 03

If you don't care don't post. dur. As long as you realize they are not the same place we agree.
😉
But like u said they r kind of the same place...😀😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Apr 03

Originally posted by CFC
But like u said they r kind of the same place...😀😛
Mind me asking what CFC stands for... I do care.
😀

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
20 Apr 03

Mind me asking what CFC stands for... [b]I do care.
😀[/b]
I don't know what CFC stands for 😳
th

C
Zak the mad boy

Stamford Bridge

Moves
20 Apr 03

Chelsea Football Club. The greatest soccer team on earth.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Apr 03

Originally posted by CFC
Chelsea Football Club. The greatest soccer team on earth.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
Ah, a sockster fan. I'm from the land of Foot and Baseball. Not even much for basketball. Let me know if you ever plan to get a star and I'll make a bouncing ball for your avatar... if you like.

😵