1. SubscriberElCuervo
    Master of Machines
    Albuquerque, NM
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 23:26
    What are some of the causes of players being banned? I haven't seen anything in the help flies about it, but at least two people I've been playing have been banned right in the middle of the game!
  2. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 23:49
    Originally posted by ElCuervo
    What are some of the causes of players being banned? I haven't seen anything in the help flies about it, but at least two people I've been playing have been banned right in the middle of the game!
    ~Account name~ ~Reason ~ ~Date terminated~
    SoulSaxy section 3(b) 03 Aug '07 02:33
    Ivan Ivanovitch section 3(b) 03 Aug '07 02:32
    Improv section 3(b) 03 Aug '07 02:32

Section 3(b) : The Time For Chess game moderation team have found overwhelming evidence, and concluded beyond reasonable doubt that the following players have violated the Terms of Service, Section 3(b), and in doing so, have had their accounts terminated.

~What is Section 3(b)?~

3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Conclusion: The cause of their termination of service is that they violated TOS 3(b). Thus, they must be engines.
  3. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    05 Aug '07 07:21
    Look here: http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/removedplayers.php to see who has been banned and what for (cheating, multiple accounts, harassing).

Adje
  4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '07 11:333 edits
    Originally posted by adje
    Look here: http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/removedplayers.php to see who has been banned and what for (cheating, multiple accounts, harassing).

Adje
    Section 3(a) : The Red Hot Pawn administration team have identified a single person using multiple accounts.

Section 3(b) : The Red Hot Pawn game moderation team have found overwhelming evidence, and concluded beyond reasonable doubt that the following players have violated the Terms of Service, Section 3(b), and in doing so, have had their accounts terminated.

Section 3(c) : The Red Hot Pawn administration team have concluded that a person has unreasonably harassed another member of this site.
  5. SubscriberElCuervo
    Master of Machines
    Albuquerque, NM
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 16:24
    Thanks, all, for enlightening me. I knew I had seen that info somewhere before but couldn't find it!
  6. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 19:32
    Thanks, all, for enlightening me. I knew I had seen that info somewhere before but couldn't find it!
    😴
  7. Joined
    11 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 08:04
    I'm playing again a played who was banned now from RHP.
    The match is stopped, but not closed. When will this match be closed or deleted?

Thanks
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 08:30
    Originally posted by hschmid2
    I'm playing again a played who was banned now from RHP.
    The match is stopped, but not closed. When will this match be closed or deleted?

Thanks
    It can take a while. Just be patient.
  9. Joined
    23 Jul '07
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 21:142 edits
    Hi: Are there any circumstances under which I can change my user name? I've played fewer than a handful of games. I am not dodging or hiding from anybody. If it can be done, how do I do it?
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 21:53
    Resign or play out any games, then just don't use that name again. Put in the profile that you will not be playing under this name anymore.
    Send feedback (see bottom of screen) to let the admins know you don't want this name anymore.

Then you can just register a new username. 🙂
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 00:30
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Resign or play out any games, then just don't use that name again. Put in the profile that you will not be playing under this name anymore.
    Send feedback (see bottom of screen) to let the admins know you don't want this name anymore.

Then you can just register a new username. 🙂
    Certainly sending feedback is important, and the admins will decide if they change the name or this user should make a new name. I'm not sure how they handle it.

P-
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Certainly sending feedback is important, and the admins will decide if they change the name or this user should make a new name. I'm not sure how they handle it.

P-
    Quote from FAQ:

How do I change my username?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. For consistency and to prevent confusion for other users, the registered name must remain as it was entered when you signed up. Subscribers can request that their name be modified to correct spelling and capitalisation.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 00:162 edits
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Quote from FAQ:

[b] How do I change my username?

Unfortunately this is not possible. For consistency and to prevent confusion for other users, the registered name must remain as it was entered when you signed up. Subscribers can request that their name be modified to correct spelling and capitalisation.[/b]
    From the Terms of Service (TOS)

In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

(a) You will not create more than one account.
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 00:21
    buttplug had his name changed for him I think.

Twice.

lmao. 😵
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 09:49
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    From the Terms of Service (TOS)

In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

[b](a) You will not create more than one account.
    [/b]
    Phlab, thanks for that, I hadn't realised that the TOS didn't allow sequential accounts, I thought it just applied to simultaneous accounts, set up to get around the 6-game limit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree