being nagged to resign

being nagged to resign

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
28 Feb 06

i am playing chess with someone who does not contribute with the running of the site. because he is one piece ahead of me, he is nagging me to resign . I still feel i might draw the game or even win considering the amount of pawns still left on thw board. his statement ""

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
28 Feb 06

Don't collaps when one pushes. They can ask nicely and friendly. If they do not, just don't take note of their opinion and just do whatever you want to do. Continue, and hope for the best!

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
28 Feb 06

thanks๐Ÿ˜€

DS

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by gollumprawn
i am playing chess with someone who does not contribute with the running of the site. because he is one piece ahead of me, he is nagging me to resign .
If he's a subscriber - resign immediately.
If he's a non-sub scum freeloading parasite - play on. ๐Ÿ˜‰

N

The sky

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
If he's a subscriber - resign immediately.
If he's a non-sub scum freeloading parasite - play on. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Non-scum sub - resign.
Non-sub scum - play on.
Non-scum non-sub - resign.
Sub scum - play on.

R
Track drifter ยฎ

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
01 Mar 06

i am playing chess with someone who does not contribute with the running of the site. because he is one piece ahead of me, he is nagging me to resign . I still feel i might draw the game or even win considering the amount of pawns still left on thw board. his statement ""
I would not resign now at your point because I am that spitefull. I would even go on to make my move at the last possible moment before I was timed out. Carry the game on for months perhaps.

RTh

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
01 Mar 06
1 edit

NO COMMENTS ON GAMES IN PROGRESS!
Game 1825090
NO COMMENTS ON GAMES IN PROGRESS!

You mean this game?

e

Moves
01 Mar 06

Well, who knows you may even win the game with one piece behind? Go on with the game for a while and see how it goes.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
01 Mar 06

Originally posted by ericyap
Well, who knows you may even win the game with one piece behind? Go on with the game for a while and see how it goes.
I agree. Heck, this isn't checkers. I have won many games when initially behind in points. And lost some when ahead in piece count. Screw ups happen.
NOT COMMENTING ON A GAME IN PROGESS. Just the nature of Humans. Don't listen to a Jerk. Intimidation is for those in desperation and in need of stress management. Play your game the best you can and use this opportunity to practice your end game skills. It is my opinion too many people are afraid of end games. It sounds like he too needs the practice.

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
01 Mar 06

it has a 7 day timeout thingy. i wonder if i can make him have a tantrum. the mans a cheapo non-subscriber

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
01 Mar 06

no.

k

Moves
01 Mar 06
1 edit

It's your resignation, not your opponent's. Do it when you want to resign.

I hope you win though.

g

Moves
02 Mar 06

g
it's mine

manchester, england

Moves
02 Mar 06

Originally posted by greenphantom
if its the game mentioned although i understand you not wanting to resign i see his point as well. Lookks like checkmate in 6 or 7 moves top and theres nothing you can do. But up to you my advise is if you havnt already subscribe and join a clan, you'll find subscribers are better to play as they respect the game more.
i would have resigned by now, but i hate pusshy people, so i will teach this character how to wait (patience is a virtue) this guy has not subscribed and has left a previous chess site over a minor matter.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
02 Mar 06

i would have resigned by now, but i hate pusshy people, so i will teach this character how to wait (patience is a virtue) this guy has not subscribed and has left a previous chess site over a minor matter.
Hey, no need to be nasty. Just play your game the best you can. Let's try to make this a fun site.