Block List

Standard memberDecanter
Help 02 Sep '04 17:42
  1. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    02 Sep '04 17:42
    Russ, I just had an epiphany! (and man, did it hurt!)

I was nosing around RHP and noticed this My Buddies thingie. Now, there are a few people on here I like and respect, but I tend to talk to them relatively regularly so it never occurred to me to save their names.

HOWEVER, there are also people I've either played games against or seen ranting in the forum who I'd really rather NOT play... ever. What do you think of a Block List which would prevent me from having to accept any challenges or messages from those people?

Just thought it'd be easier than going back into my archives all the time to try to remind myself of who I'd rather not have to listen to.

Whaddya think? 🙂
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '04 17:51
    It's a good idea but how would it impact on clan and tournament matches?
  3. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    02 Sep '04 17:58
    Originally posted by Exy
    It's a good idea but how would it impact on clan and tournament matches?
    I would think it would apply to only open challenges and direct messaging. Applying it to clan or tournament challenges wouldn't be practical.

Besides, if I make myself available for those I'm taking the risk I'll get someone I don't like... hmmmmm...

Awww, heck, I can just use the "Buddy" section to list people I DON'T like instead... it could do just as well...
  4. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    02 Sep '04 20:51
    Originally posted by Decanter
    Russ, I just had an epiphany! (and man, did it hurt!)

I was nosing around RHP and noticed this My Buddies thingie. Now, there are a few people on here I like and respect, but I tend to talk to them relatively regularly so it never occurred to me to save their names.

HOWEVER, there are also people I've either played games against or seen ranting in ...[text shortened]... the time to try to remind myself of who I'd rather not have to listen to.

Whaddya think? 🙂
    Rec'd, just one of the few ideas I actually see some merit in introducing. Nice epiphany Decanter 🙂

Robbo
  5. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    02 Sep '04 23:11
    rec'd again. I keep mine in my notebook. Would be much easier if I had a place on the site...
  6. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 16:09
    I got a few recs for this suggestion but then it drifted down the list and was forgotten. Anybody else like this idea?

Is it feasible?
  7. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    24 Sep '04 16:18
    Like the idea.

I think it should/could apply to clan matches, too. Those are, after all, by mutual agreement between the clan leaders. At least, the clan leader would see that there was a conflict and work around it if possible.

Tournaments are another deal - you play anyone who entered.
  8. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 18:51
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    rec'd again. I keep mine in my notebook. Would be much easier if I had a place on the site...
    A simple solution.Send a message to yourself with that list.Every time it needs to be updated you simply hit reply and update the list.
    Btw,what is that notebook you speak of?I only know of one on the game page?Not very convenient to keep a list there.
  9. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '04 00:13
    Dare I say,at Game Knot they have just such a feature,one which I have used with great satisfaction.When you play a rude opponent,its nice to shut him off.I have not run into any rude players here at RHP(why this is such a great site),but it would be handy if I did.So I give it a rec. also.Mike
  10. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    26 Sep '04 01:46
    Russ? That's six recs. and I'm not exactly Shakespeare so I think some people actually like the idea. So? Is it do-able? Where would it rank in the "Things for Russ to do" list?

🙂
  11. Under Cover
    Moves
    28 Sep '04 13:121 edit
    Great Idea, and add 1 rec. Does it make any sense to re-start this thread in the new "Site Ideas" forum?
  12. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    28 Sep '04 13:16
    Wow. 10 recs now!
    I don't have an idea very often, but when I do it's a doozie! 😛

Whaddya think, Russ?
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Sep '04 15:08
    It could be possible, and will be one for the future, but it is way down the list at the moment, as I have a few major things going on at RHP at the moment.

-Russ
  14. Standard memberDanger Mouse
    Super Hero!
    Moves
    04 Oct '04 22:21
    If you don't like someone then you could just kick their ass over the chess board (well some of them maybe)...

😀

...or you could just not talk to them whilst you play. You don't have to talk during a game!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree