Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 27 May '03 21:03
    Take a look at game 201734, I move my pawn to the last row...nothin happens...and the game ends in a draw because of stalemate...while it was my opponents move!!!😕

Olav
  2. 28 May '03 05:08
    Olav
    I do not understand why it was declared a stalemate, you should contact Russ directly (using the inbox) he will read your message faster than he will (may) read your forum message.

His vacation setting is on so he may not be available to read your message, so you will have to give it some time but just be patient.

-trekkie
  3. 28 May '03 05:16
    Originally posted by trekkie
    Olav
    I do not understand why it was declared a stalemate, you should contact Russ directly (using the inbox) he will read your message faster than he will (may) read your forum message.

His vacation setting is on so he may not be available to read your message, so you will have to give it some time but just be patient.

-trekkie
    I'd advise to send it to Chismo because Russ is on vaction, he does alot to, he just doesnt post that much
  4. 28 May '03 17:38
    Oke, thanks!

Olav
  5. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    28 May '03 20:07
    Why didn't phrontis just take your pawn? 😕
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    29 May '03 03:02
    Originally posted by Varg

That's the real question.
  7. 29 May '03 03:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    [b]Why didn't phrontis just take your pawn? 😕

That's the real question.[/b]
    the first thing i cheked for is any en passant bugs in the game history, there were none the two white pawns shown are not ghosts they are legally in those positions. All of that ignores the fact that white had a rok and the king was not in check.

So the game should not have been a stalemate.

-trekkie
  8. 29 May '03 22:16
    Because I told him that would lead to a draw...he wanted to win...while it wasn't possible anymore.

Olav
  9. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    30 May '03 01:04
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    Because I told him that would lead to a draw...he wanted to win...while it wasn't possible anymore.

Olav
    You are right! 🙂
    It would have been stalemate.
    I should have looked at the whole board before opening my mouth...
  10. 30 May '03 22:55
    You are right! 🙂
    It would have been stalemate.
    I should have looked at the whole board before opening my mouth...
    Oke, never mind...but he didn't take it, so the game went on...but it was declared drawn...well, Russ is fixing the problem, thanks for all the help.

Olav
  11. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    30 May '03 23:48
    I believe I have finally killed the 'stalemate during promotion' bug. This was the last remaining game engine bug known to Chris and I - which means RHP should always be correct in all decisions from now on.

This bug was quite rare - but I'm very happy to see the last of it! (fingers crossed!)

-Russ