1. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    08 Aug '04 14:26
    Bug -- it's possible to move an empty square on top of a piece, thus deleting it.
    Idea -- when a piece is taken off the board, keep it on screen, but in a box on the side. That way it can be reinserted onto the game board with the usual click-click.

Often, in addition to the bug (part one of which I ran into for the first time today) I delete a piece by mistake by accidentally moving one of my pieces on top of another one, or taking a piece and then wanting to undo by moving them back. Usually I can't since one piece is disappeared so I have to reset the board and go through the whole sequence.

Idea #2 -- have a bank of white/black pieces on the side (perhaps smaller, to not take too much space) at all times for insertion. Also handy for when a pawn promotes - you can just replace it with the required piece.

2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Aug '04 14:55
    Originally posted by dsb3
    Bug -- it's possible to move an empty square on top of a piece, thus deleting it.
    Idea -- when a piece is taken off the board, keep it on screen, but in a box on the side. That way it can be reinserted onto the game board with the usual click-click.

Often, in addition to the bug (part one of which I ran into for the first time today) I delete a piece by ...[text shortened]... ion. Also handy for when a pawn promotes - you can just replace it with the required piece.

good ideas... with luck someday these things will work!

For now, I use Winboard to do my real lines. You can back things up, and save separate lines if you like for further study from games.

So, with luck the RHP board will be fixed up some day, but if you like for now give Winboard or Xboard a try....

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

P-
  3. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    12 Aug '04 03:16
    Actually, I use scid to examine my lines when I want to really get in. The RHP analyze board is "good enough" for lines where I only need to look a couple of ply deep.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree