1. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 02:02
    I am fairly new to the site (not a member yet... still on the fence) and I have never tried En Passant. So I am setting up a Conditional Move against a buddy I am playing and I can not figure out how to do it if he tries to move his pawn past mine. I tried taking his pawn (no luck), I tried moving to the square where I would be after En Passant (no luck), and I tried cursing at the monitor (some luck).

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 07:15
    Originally posted by Rob Monroe
    I am fairly new to the site (not a member yet... still on the fence) and I have never tried En Passant. So I am setting up a Conditional Move against a buddy I am playing and I can not figure out how to do it if he tries to move his pawn past mine. I tried taking his pawn (no luck), I tried moving to the square where I would be after En Passant (no luck), and I tried cursing at the monitor (some luck).

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
    I dont use conditional moves, but I would expect you would have to make the same En Passant move as normal (go to the square you would be after en passant).

I know that a while ago people noticed en passant wasnt working in conditional moves yet. I have no idea if this has been fixed tho.

(Help : enpassant when you are not sure you understand the rules of en passant)
  3. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 15:34
    I am guessing it still doesn't work in Conditional Moves since I tried exactly what you said (as well as other things as you can read in my original post).

It turned out that I did not need to make the move anyway. The person I am playing understands the game well enough to see that move coming. Thanks for the reply!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree