1. Joined
    28 May '04
    Moves
    28 May '04 15:03
    Apparently, this site only functions properly with IE. Everything else works just fine when I use Mozilla - except that I'm unable to click on a piece to select it.

Has anybody encountered this and/or come up with a solution? (Other than just using IE I mean. <grin&gt๐Ÿ˜‰

BTW: I came to this site from http://www.itsyourmove.com - that site was okay (it was my first online chess site) but I like this one a lot more.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 May '04 15:33
    I've got a feeling Russ will tell you to get the latest updates for each... I'm pretty sure he tests with all of them.

You could send this message to the help / Site Feedback to ensure Russ gets back to you... rather than waiting for him to wander in here.

Have a good one, and good luck!

P-
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 May '04 15:48
    Originally posted by jasonbassford
    Apparently, this site only functions properly with IE. Everything else works just fine when I use Mozilla - except that I'm unable to click on a piece to select it.

Has anybody encountered this and/or come up with a solution? (Other than just using IE I mean. <grin>๐Ÿ˜‰

BTW: I came to this site from http://www.itsyourmove.com - that site was okay (it was my first online chess site) but I like this one a lot more.
    Firefox and Mozilla should work just fine.

Do you have the browser version numbers please?

-Russ
  4. Joined
    08 Mar '03
    Moves
    28 May '04 15:49

Has anybody encountered this and/or come up with a solution? (Other than just using IE I mean. <grin>๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey me too! I used to play Rush Sabotage ;-)

With regards to browsers I am running Mozilla Firefox 0.8 (on OpenBSD 3.5) with no troubles.
    Maybe check Tools-&gt;Options, in Web Features I have the following:

Block Popup Windows = Y
    Enable Java = N
    Enable JavaScript = Y
    Load Images = Y

Good luck!
  5. Joined
    28 May '04
    Moves
    28 May '04 19:451 edit
    I'm using a May 5th nightly build of Mozilla (1.7a)
  6. Serbia
    Moves
    28 May '04 23:39
    Apparently, this site only functions properly with IE.
    Everything on the site works just fine for me, and no, NO Internet Explorer here๐Ÿ˜‰ (Opera version 7.11)
  7. Joined
    28 May '04
    Moves
    29 May '04 01:13
    Originally posted by Panuka
    Everything on the site works just fine for me, and no, NO Internet Explorer here๐Ÿ˜‰ (Opera version 7.11)
    Correction - the May 5th build of Mozilla is 1.8a.

Opera can do it? Doh! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll have to file an evangelism bug for Mozilla. I suppose that means creating a new account for the purpose of testing that I can link to. (I'll just create a new game with myself.)
  8. Joined
    28 May '04
    Moves
    29 May '04 03:10
    I filed a Mozilla Technical Evangelism bug on this problem: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=245016
  9. Joined
    28 May '04
    Moves
    29 May '04 13:20
    When I use a clean profile I have no problem. With my regular profile, however, if I open up the JavaScript Console I see the following error:

&quot;Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to set property HTMLImageElement.src&quot;

I turned off all of the JavaScript blocking I'd set (such as allow scripts to change images) but that didn't fix it. I'm still trying to narrow things down.
  10. Joined
    29 May '04
    Moves
    29 May '04 13:363 edits
    Problem resolved!

I'd set the following in my prefs.js file:

&quot;user_pref(&quot;capability.policy.default.HTMLImageElement.src&quot;, &quot;noAccess&quot; );&quot;

Deleting that line cleared everything up. Life is good again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree