Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 24 Mar '04 13:54
    i was halfway through 2 games and both games stopped letting me make moves at the same time. i just get a 'circle with a line through it' symbol when i try. any ideas....?
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    24 Mar '04 14:29
    What game number?

Try Refresh??

Let us know what browser you use... IE6??

P-
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Mar '04 14:51 / 1 edit
    Where does this symbol appear? Is it your mouse cursor?

-Russ
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    24 Mar '04 15:33 / 2 edits

I wonder if garycameron might be trying to drag his chess pieces... I used to do that and get confused.

P-

5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Mar '04 16:18
    Interesting. I knew what was being described was an available mouse cursor, but I had no idea how he was getting it. (I do not make it appear in my code)

And you are right, of course, this is exactly what is going on.

Now this has set me thinking, how many other people have given up, failing even to make a single move, because of this....

-Russ
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    24 Mar '04 16:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    Interesting. I knew what was being described was an available mouse cursor, but I had no idea how he was getting it. (I do not make it appear in my code)

And you are right, of course, this is exactly what is going on.

Now this has set me thinking, how many other people have given up, failing even to make a single move, because of this....

-Russ
    Could you make it work both ways? Click or drag moves??? That would be nice.

P-
  7. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Mar '04 17:41
    I could do ‘drag and drop’, I even did a prototype years ago, but it is a browser compatibility nightmare. So best not to.

-Russ