1. Joined
    20 Sep '01
    Moves
    26 Mar '04 11:18
    I have posted about thirty open invites within the last hour or so. ALL clearly state 'no provisional players' or 'pawnstars only'. I have had to delete half the accepted games because......... yes, you've guessed it...they were accepted by provisional players.

Having been on the receiving end of some of the tactics used by some new players, I have decided not to play anyone who has a p next to their rating.
    Can anything be done with the open invites to restrict who can accept?
    - Yes, I realise what the term 'open' invite means, but was wondering if anything can be done to make it a little less 'open'.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Mar '04 12:42
    I know open invite filters have been frequently requested - and I will add them soon. (There he goes again, making another promise.... 😳 )

-Russ
  3. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    28 Mar '04 00:23
    Originally posted by MartinS
    I have posted about thirty open invites within the last hour or so. ALL clearly state 'no provisional players' or 'pawnstars only'. I have had to delete half the accepted games because......... yes, you've guessed it...they were accepted by provisional players.

Having been on the receiving end of some of the tactics used by some new players, I have ...[text shortened]... pen' invite means, but was wondering if anything can be done to make it a little less 'open'.
    i know how you feel...i even had a person today that repeatadly(if thats a word) kept accepting my invite for a live game and fast movers,no provis...and they did not read any of that....but when i deleted and posted again they...to my annoyance...accepted again....and again......and again...but did not ever make one move within the space of an hour,by that time the game i wanted to play live did not happen and i just went shopping instead.
  4. Joined
    20 Sep '01
    Moves
    28 Mar '04 12:03
    Originally posted by purclecow
    i know how you feel...i even had a person today that repeatadly(if thats a word) kept accepting my invite for a live game and fast movers,no provis...and they did not read any of that....but when i deleted and posted again they...to my annoyance...accepted again....and again......and again...but did not ever make one move within the space of an hour,by that time the game i wanted to play live did not happen and i just went shopping instead.
    Well I hope you bought something nice.

I notice from your profile you like fast games but sometimes a slow one can be fun too. If you ever fancy a game send one over.

Regards
  5. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    28 Mar '04 12:12
    Originally posted by MartinS
    Well I hope you bought something nice.

I notice from your profile you like fast games but sometimes a slow one can be fun too. If you ever fancy a game send one over.

Regards
    I will keep that in mind.....yeah i bought the series 4 Angel boxset to watch and the league of extrodinary gentlemen to watch(excerlent film!)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree