1. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 12:49
    Hello, I stopped at Dads house last night and he wanted me to make a move on his computer (I am playing against him) ..so I opened a new window and logged in using my Email address and password. I was able to make my move and he his move but after that it no longer allows him to move or access the site under his name and says that someone else is using his name? We are afraid that the site has taken this as us trying to set up more than one account which we were'nt trying to do. We are also affraid that we will lose our game now. We want to fix this problem. Does anyone have advice for us. We are thinking that this is odd since if someone was to go on holidays and wanted to play their games from another computer than that would be limiting. but on the other hand playing chess from another computer against someone in the same room on the same computer is not really correspondence chess, so I guess that was kind of stupid on our part. Dad was winning and would really like to finish our current game...Please help. I can get into my games ok and even observe the board for our game on my computer, tried when I got home. Thank You.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 13:12
    Was he logged in on the same computer?

Clearing the cookies might be one thing to do.

In any case I'd send feedback and ask about it.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 14:30
    Originally posted by MacDoe
    Hello, I stopped at Dads house last night and he wanted me to make a move on his computer (I am playing against him) ..so I opened a new window and logged in using my Email address and password. I was able to make my move and he his move but after that it no longer allows him to move or access the site under his name and says that someone else is using his na ...[text shortened]... es ok and even observe the board for our game on my computer, tried when I got home. Thank You.
    Do send feedback, but also try to have your dad log onto timeforchess.com or any of the other names besides redhotpawn.com

That way you both don't need to log out at all if you're on the same computer. Hope that works, but feedback should be sent if you're concerned the site may think you two are one person.

P-
  4. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 18:37
    Thank you for the responses Iwill send feedback

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree