1. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '04 01:35
    i can't seem to castle queen side. i havn't moved king or rook yet and my king is not passing through or landing in check. what gives???
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '04 04:532 edits
    Originally posted by danlelab
    i can't seem to castle queen side. i havn't moved king or rook yet and my king is not passing through or landing in check. what gives???
    Game 546627 You have already moved your King as it is not on its starting square.

PS Edit: A capture with the King on move 8, actually.

skeeter
  3. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '04 23:28
    uhm... don't i feel stupid. thanks!
  4. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 20:50
    how do you castle in this game? do you move the king or the rook first or is their a button to push for castling for the king side or the queen side?
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by happy player
    how do you castle in this game? do you move the king or the rook first or is their a button to push for castling for the king side or the queen side?
    Always move the King first. Its a good habit to get into and you wont get pinged on the touch rule OTB. On RHP make the normally illegal King move first ( 2 squares )and without moving the relative Rook click on move

When the page has refreshed the rook will have assumed its correct position.

skeeter

Edit PS: I think Russ is writing new code for this so it may change in the future
  6. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '04 22:46
    Yea, I've always been taught to move the king first. Otherwise the rook move might be misconstrued as merely a rook move OTB. I don't know if the official U.S. rules or British rules mention this, but it would be good to know.
  7. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 08:28
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Yea, I've always been taught to move the king first. Otherwise the rook move might be misconstrued as merely a rook move OTB. I don't know if the official U.S. rules or British rules mention this, but it would be good to know.
    The USCF rulebook states that it is not mandatory to move the king first, although it is customary and recommended just to avoid any arguments.
  8. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 17:16
    Here's something really annoying: Castling using both hands. One hand grabs the rook, the other the king, and you cross over. For some reason, this annoys me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree