1. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 14:15
    How do you castle in this game. I think that is the correct term for the move I want. It's the one where the king moves 2 spaces sidewards, and the rook moves past the king into the space between where the king was, and where it is now. I know you have to have not moved either piece, and there are no other pieces in between. How do I select the king to make this move?
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 14:29
    Originally posted by GwladPaulB
    How do you castle in this game. I think that is the correct term for the move I want. It's the one where the king moves 2 spaces sidewards, and the rook moves past the king into the space between where the king was, and where it is now. I know you have to have not moved either piece, and there are no other pieces in between. How do I select the king to make this move?
    read this:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=castling
    move the King two squares. Click (left) on it to select it and then click (left) on the destination square.
    th
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 14:301 edit
    How do you castle in this game. I think that is the correct term for the move I want. It's the one where the king moves 2 spaces sidewards, and the rook moves past the king into the space between where the king was, and where it is now. ...[text shortened]... her pieces in between. How do I select the king to make this move?
    IF you are able to castle in your game all you need to do is move the kink and press the move button. The Rook will go where it is needed in a castle move.

Hope that helps.... if it doesn't work, chances are you can't castle.

If you have more questions, give us a game number.

Good luck.

P-

Edit! Thanx Thire!
  4. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 14:43
    game number 632755

tried simply moving the king, and assumed the rook would move as appropriate, but the squares turn red and the move is not accepted.
  5. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 14:50
    game number 632755

tried simply moving the king, and assumed the rook would move as appropriate, but the squares turn red and the move is not accepted.
    A red square means the move is illegal.
    In this case, most likely because you king is in check, or any of the squares the king would move to or through via castling is attacked by an opposing piece.
  6. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 15:03
    Originally posted by Toe
    A red square means the move is illegal.
    In this case, most likely because you king is in check, or any of the squares the king would move to or through via castling is attacked by an opposing piece.

Thanks. It seems then that you can't castle when in check (no other squares are under attack) This is new to me, but then if the game was that easy, it wouldn't be chess!
  7. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 15:49
    You can't castle into, out of, or across the line of check.

🙂
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    19 Aug '04 16:30
    Originally posted by colleman
    You can't castle into, out of, or across the line of check.

🙂
    absolutly right: not possible to castle in move 17 for black in game Game 632755 😉
    th
  9. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    23 Aug '04 16:55
    Since the topic already came up, I'll throw out a request for the board to actually show the rook moving when you make the king move (before you've hit submit).
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Aug '04 17:011 edit
    You are not the first to ask for this, it has caused confusion before, so it will be added in the future.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree