1. Joined
    01 Feb '13
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 16:47
    Settings for challenges allows me to set minimum timeout and timebank. It would be nice to set maximum as well. I've put a statement in my profile as to the time limits I normally am happy with, but few people seem to read that before sending a direct challenge.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 17:27
    Originally posted by BunbuIchi
    Settings for challenges allows me to set minimum timeout and timebank. It would be nice to set maximum as well. I've put a statement in my profile as to the time limits I normally am happy with, but few people seem to read that before sending a direct challenge.
    When you create a challenge or open invite game, the time control settings that you select are not minimum or maximum, they are the exact timeout and timebank settings.

If someone sends you a challenge, they have the option to select time controls they want and you have the option to accept or decline the game. If you don't like the limits they have selected, delete the game and send them one back with the limits you prefer.

If they don't like your time settings either maybe you need to send some messages back and forth and sort things out.
  3. Joined
    01 Feb '13
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 21:40
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    When you create a challenge or open invite game, the time control settings that you select are not minimum or maximum, they are the exact timeout and timebank settings.

If someone sends you a challenge, they have the option to select time controls they want and you have the option to accept or decline the game. If you don't like the limits they have s ...[text shortened]... ur time settings either maybe you need to send some messages back and forth and sort things out.
    I know I can set the timeout/timebank settings of my choice when I create on open invite/challenge. I know I can delete a directly challenge if I don't like the terms of it (timeout/timebank) and message the person, etc. I did that today as a matter a fact. I've been clear in my profile what my limitations are in terms of timeout/timebank as well.

Let me be more specific.

Under My Settings, there is an option called My Challenge Settings, wherein I can set parameters to automatically reject direct challenges. These settings include maximum and minimum ratings, and minimum timeout days. So, if I will only accept challenges of 3 or more days timeout, I can set that to 3 and, I believe this is correct, a challenged of 1 day timeout would be automatically rejected. So, in effect, a challenge has to be of x days or more. What I'd like is a setting of maximum timeout so that I can basically say that the challenge has to x days or less. This would provide automatic feedback to the challenger and give the challenger an immediate chance to change his/her challenge if so desired.
  4. Joined
    07 Jul '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 21:56
    Originally posted by BunbuIchi
    I know I can set the timeout/timebank settings of my choice when I create on open invite/challenge. I know I can delete a directly challenge if I don't like the terms of it (timeout/timebank) and message the person, etc. I did that today as a matter a fact. I've been clear in my profile what my limitations are in terms of timeout/timebank as well.

Let m ...[text shortened]... hallenger and give the challenger an immediate chance to change his/her challenge if so desired.
    You should post on site ideas instead. Alternatively, send feedback directly.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 23:18
    Originally posted by Sebastian Yap
    You should post on site ideas instead. Alternatively, send feedback directly.
    This sort of thing is best posted as a new thread in Site Ideas. That gives others a chance to support or reject it. Ideas which are well supported have more chance of being incorporated into the site programming.
  6. Joined
    01 Feb '13
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 09:26
    Thanks, quite right, should have posted to Site Ideas, have done so

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree