1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:19
    Am I allowed to use a chess program for practicing while I'm not online?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 15:12
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    For practicing what, exactly?

If you are talking about practicing on one of your current games from this site, I think that would violate the TOS regarding use of chess engines.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 15:29
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    You can play with your engine, but you can NOT set up any games from RHP into your engine and 'practice' those. Once you've taken a game from RHP and viewed it in an engine and let the engine do ANY thinking about your move or the other player's moves you have gotten advice from the engine. This is cheating, even if the engine is only making moves for your opponent.

You can play your engine all you like, but do not seek it's advice regarding any game you are playing. You can use the database that comes with most engines to help you as long as there is data to follow in a game you are playing, but once the data is gone you can not use the engine to help in any way.

P-
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 08:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You can play with your engine, but you can NOT set up any games from RHP into your engine and 'practice' those.
    Unless, of course, the game has finished. But then you're not practicing that game, strictly speaking, but analysing it. It's still practicing your chess skills, but it doesn't help you with that game anymore.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree