1. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    14 Apr '03 17:55
    i think you should be able 2 claim time out on games that have lasted less than 3 moves. what does any1 else think
  2. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    14 Apr '03 18:32
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    i think you should be able 2 claim time out on games that have lasted less than 3 moves. what does any1 else think
    Yes.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Apr '03 19:381 edit
    You can delete a game until after both players have made their second move. The game is cancelled as if it never started. It isn't considered a rated game until after the second move. After that I believe you can claim a victory if it times out.

There is no victory to claim before the third move, so just deleting the game would be the same thing.

Marc
  4. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    14 Apr '03 19:42
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    You can delete a game until after both players have made their second move. The game is cancelled as if it never started. It isn't considered a rated game until after the second move. After that I believe you can claim a victory if it times out.

There is no victory to claim before the third move, so just deleting the game would be the same thing.

Marc
    That's dumb. ur opponent not moving is the same as them resigning.
  5. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    15 Apr '03 09:24
    Originally posted by mwmiller

Marc
    i think u should be able 2 claim victory before the 3rd move
  6. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    15 Apr '03 10:291 edit
    Originally posted by CFC
    That's dumb. ur opponent not moving is the same as them resigning.
    there has to be some delay in moves before you can claim time out, otherwise it would be possible to challenge someone who is inactive and claim the timeout from them - so one move each side is needed minimum to show that the game has actually been accepted. 2 moves isn't exactly a lot, and I find it useful that I can make a move and attatch a message that explains why I can't accept the challenge, before I delete the game.

Anyway, before 2 moves have passed it's impossible to have taken a piece, so you can't have earnt the victory. Timeoput were invented to stop people ignoringlost games, not to give easy points.
  7. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    15 Apr '03 11:46
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    there has to be some delay in moves before you can claim time out, otherwise it would be possible to challenge someone who is inactive and claim the timeout from them - so one move each side is needed minimum to show that the game has actually been accepted. 2 moves isn't exactly a lot, and I find it useful that I can make a move and attatch a message ...[text shortened]... the victory. Timeoput were invented to stop people ignoringlost games, not to give easy points.
    i see it makes sense now you've explained why. thanks 🙂
  8. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    15 Apr '03 16:27
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    there has to be some delay in moves before you can claim time out, otherwise it would be possible to challenge someone who is inactive and claim the timeout from them - so one move each side is needed minimum to show that the game has actually been accepted. 2 moves isn't exactly a lot, and I find it useful that I can make a move and attatch a message ...[text shortened]... the victory. Timeoput were invented to stop people ignoringlost games, not to give easy points.
    That makes my thoughts look stupid.😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree