1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 13:22
    I am a clan leader, and I and others in our clan have become interested in maybe playing in some clan leagues.
    The problem is I have no idea how the league matches are set up, And I have no idea how it is determined who plays who in matches. Or how it even all works.
    I have looked into some leagues on my own and have noticed what seems to be some unfair matchups.
    2000+ rated players matched against 1200 rated players and so forth. Which has made me think twice before joining a clan league.

Can someone please explain to me how the clan league play works??
    Or direct me to were it is stated.
    Thank you for your time. 🙂
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 14:07
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I am a clan leader, and I and others in our clan have become interested in maybe playing in some clan leagues.
    The problem is I have no idea how the league matches are set up, And I have no idea how it is determined who plays who in matches. Or how it even all works.
    I have looked into some leagues on my own and have noticed what seems to be some ...[text shortened]... clan league play works??
    I had the same difficulties when my clan wanted to play leagues too. I got very good help from people who wanted to help me. See the Clan Forum and you'll see my questions. Read them and read the answers.
    There is also a FAQ in the subject. But it doesn't say it all.

You don't start a league play, the league master does it. You will be invited to a new league soon, when "1 Day Timeout" will start. My clan entered the "7 Day Timeout" league yesterday, exciting!

Every one of your members who want to play in a league should say so in their profiles. Then you'll see their interest.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 20:431 edit
    I have looked into some leagues on my own and have noticed what seems to be some ...[text shortened]... clan league play works??
    We had the same thought process in our clan. Thanks to very helpful people here I put together this advice ->

---
    Each of us in the team will be assigned a 'board' at the start of the league depending on our rating. Top slot (rating wise) gets board one, next in line gets board two etc.
    When the league starts, each of us plays against each of the other clans members with the same board. Make sense?

There are ten teams in each division, so we have to play the other nine players with the same board.
    This makes for eighteen games (one as black, one as white for each of the other nine clans 'boards'😉. The games all start together.

If we're put into the bottom division (which is likely as we haven't fielded a team before), then the game load is quite likely to be less - there won't be the full ten teams.

We need 6 players to make the minimum for the league.

---
    The league games we're in just started the other day - It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. But also a lot of extra games all of a sudden (for me anyway).

I'm not sure when the next league will start - the games obviously take a while to complete.

Hope this helps.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I had the same difficulties when my clan wanted to play leagues too. I got very good help from people who wanted to help me. See the Clan Forum and you'll see my questions. Read them and read the answers.
    There is also a FAQ in the subject. But it doesn't say it all.

You don't start a league play, the league master does it. You will be invited to a ne ...[text shortened]... ant to play in a league should say so in their profiles. Then you'll see their interest.
    Thank you for your help Fabian. I did look everywhere in the FAQs for clan league play and I could not find it anywhere.
    But thanks for the help in refering me to you questions in the clan forum. That did help. 😀
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:31
    Originally posted by orangutan
    We had the same thought process in our clan. Thanks to very helpful people here I put together this advice ->

---
    Each of us in the team will be assigned a 'board' at the start of the league depending on our rating. Top slot (rating wise) gets board one, next in line gets board two etc.
    When the league starts, each of us plays against each of the othe ...[text shortened]... league will start - the games obviously take a while to complete.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for the help orangutan. It helps me alot. Thanks. 🙂
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 22:04
    Thank you for your help Fabian. I did look everywhere in the FAQs for clan league play and I could not find it anywhere.
    But thanks for the help in refering me to you questions in the clan forum. That did help. 😀
    Nice to hear, David.
    People at The Clan Forum is very helpful, I got personal help from some of them too. Pose questions and they are eager to help.

I think that there is a "1 day timeout league" starting soon. Keep an eye on that. And achor the idea at your members, so they'll not surprised over the 18 new games coming from the sky. Inform them properly, as much as you know, as much as you can.

Good luck!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree