1. UK
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 09:02
    What happens if I have laid out a series of conditional moves, but during that sequence my opponent offers a draw.

Is the conditional move still played or, ignoring the offer, our is it paused while I decide.

The Baron
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 13:431 edit
    Well yes, it must happen and I'd imagine the game goes into a form of 'holding mode' the moment the draw is offered and the queued conditional move is disregarded..it has to be . Even if the conditional move is correct, the game is effectively held over unless, of course, you've ticked the 'accept draw if offered' ...I shall have to try this in a friendly game 🙂
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 11:52
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    What happens if I have laid out a series of conditional moves, but during that sequence my opponent offers a draw.

Is the conditional move still played or, ignoring the offer, our is it paused while I decide.

The Baron
    The draw offer is ignored unless, when you were setting up the conditional moves, you ticked the "accept draw if offered" option.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 20:21
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The draw offer is ignored unless, when you were setting up the conditional moves, you ticked the "accept draw if offered" option.
    Hmmmm, looks ominously like my copyrighted effort...pay up 😛
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 15:46
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Hmmmm, looks ominously like my copyrighted effort...pay up 😛
    Nah, my answer was definitive, yours was a little wishy-washy 😛
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 10:33
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Nah, my answer was definitive, yours was a little wishy-washy 😛
    Lol, come on then Lord ChickenPants, did my 'wishy washy' affair save the day for you or not...we'll let the Baron decide the definitive response but will he show up here...ohh how the tension builds 😀
  7. UK
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 11:42
    The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 12:261 edit
    The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p
    Boooo 😛

Edit. P.S. Just remember who called you Lord Chickenpants - and it wasn't me!
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 21:51
    Thank you your Lordship, he's boooing as reading between the lines it's plain to see that you favour the wishy washy affair..thank you again Lord Chickenpants ( Pssst: from a fellow 'funny handshaker' 😛 )
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 23:05
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Well yes, it must happen and I'd imagine the game goes into a form of 'holding mode' the moment the draw is offered and the queued conditional move is disregarded..it has to be . Even if the conditional move is correct, the game is effectively held over unless, of course, you've ticked the 'accept draw if offered' ...I shall have to try this in a friendly game 🙂
    No, there is no holding mode. The conditional move is made and draw declined unless the "accept draw if offered" is selected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree