Curious

SubscriberBobla45
Help 18 Sep '06 20:33
  1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 20:33
    Last week I visited the Forums, and I elected to view a particular thread. When I tried to enter the thread, I got completely knocked off of RHP. I tried a half dozen times to enter and I could not.

I pretty much had forgotten about it but it is happening again today. There is a thread in particular I am trying to enter and when I try to enter it I am being knocked off RHP entirely. Is this a glitch on my part, or is this a blocking system of some sort they have implemented here?
  2. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 20:48
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Last week I visited the Forums, and I elected to view a particular thread. When I tried to enter the thread, I got completely knocked off of RHP. I tried a half dozen times to enter and I could not.

I pretty much had forgotten about it but it is happening again today. There is a thread in particular I am trying to enter and when I try to enter it I am bei ...[text shortened]... this a glitch on my part, or is this a blocking system of some sort they have implemented here?
    Which thread do you mean?
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 23:23
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    Which thread do you mean?
    In the Debates forum, its called "Inconsolable Muslims" I cant remember the name of the thread this also happened in last week.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 01:22
    In the Debates forum, its called "Inconsolable Muslims" I cant remember the name of the thread this also happened in last week.
    I just looked at that thread and didn't have any problems at all.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 02:56
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I just looked at that thread and didn't have any problems at all.
    Yeah. I simply dont understand what it means. The same thing happened last week too.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 01:53

I pretty much had forgotten about it but it is happening again today. There is a thread in particular I am trying to enter and when I try to enter it I am bei ...[text shortened]... this a glitch on my part, or is this a blocking system of some sort they have implemented here?
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but its happening again. In the general section, there is currently a thread entitled "Way to go Bushies"..when I click on it to open it, I get completely knocked off RHP....no other threads are doing this. This is the 3rd time I think in 2 months I have experienced this, anyone ever heve it happen to them?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 06:56
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but its happening again. In the general section, there is currently a thread entitled "Way to go Bushies"..when I click on it to open it, I get completely knocked off RHP....no other threads are doing this. This is the 3rd time I think in 2 months I have experienced this, anyone ever heve it happen to them?
    Not me. Have you run an antivirus?
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 11:43
    I read a thread a while ago, then went back and tried a few minutes later and got redirected to the main forums list.
    Later, I tried again with no problem. I worked it out [well,I guessed] that it had been snaffled for moderating and then returned after consideration by a mod.
    Could it be a similar thing happened to you?
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 12:28
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I read a thread a while ago, then went back and tried a few minutes later and got redirected to the main forums list.
    Later, I tried again with no problem. I worked it out [well,I guessed] that it had been snaffled for moderating and then returned after consideration by a mod.
    Could it be a similar thing happened to you?
    I posted this last night, its still doing it today. This is the third thread in the past 2 months this has happened to me on. I getbonline through AOL, when I open the threads in question, wham! Knocked right out of RHP and staring at my AOL homepage. One other thing, I am currently on my home PC, when I go to work I have a laptop with me and when I hook up to RHP through AOL on that I can enter these threads..
  10. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 12:30
    Can't it be an avatar on the page causing the problems? I get problems when I try to open a page with meeting photographs Russ set up. Darn pictures. We should all go back to textual information only. ASCII-graphics are allowed.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 13:01
    Have you been able to try your work laptop at home? And is it set up differently in any way from you home PC? [eg,security/privacy/firewalls/blockers etc]
    Seems very strange I agree.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 13:04
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Have you been able to try your work laptop at home? And is it set up differently in any way from you home PC? [eg,security/privacy/firewalls/blockers etc]
    Seems very strange I agree.
    I havent tried that.My laptop goes online through a cingular card, my pC through cable..I'm not the most computer literate guy on the planet, but maybe there is a setting on the PC that is being set off by keywords in the threads, I dont know. I will try the laptop here to see if I can get on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree