currently unavailable

currently unavailable

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L
Cruel sun

20°53' N, 156°40' W

Moves
03 Apr 06

Does the webmaster stops the running times when he's busy on the chesspage, or do the time always run?

If yes, what happen if it's my turn to play, then it come currently unavailable, then my time is out. My opponent got a chance to "skull" me before I can come back...

If my question isn't clear enough, (sorry I usually speak french), please be kind to tell it and I'll try to rewrite it in a better way. 🙂

F

Moves
03 Apr 06

Originally posted by Lahaina
If my question isn't clear enough, (sorry I usually speak french), please be kind to tell it and I'll try to rewrite it in a better way. 🙂
Je vous comprend perfectionnement et je suis completement d'accord avec vous.

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
03 Apr 06

Originally posted by Lahaina
Does the webmaster stops the running times when he's busy on the chesspage, or do the time always run?

If yes, what happen if it's my turn to play, then it come currently unavailable, then my time is out. My opponent got a chance to "skull" me before I can come back...

Usually the timeouts are suspended when there is an outage (say, for 24 hours). As this one was unplanned, I am not sure whether they have been reset. Hope this helps.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
05 Apr 06

It's up to the webmaster to decide whether to 'stop the clock'.

Once upon a time, the site would go down at the same time every day for a little while. Now, though, the site SHOULD run 24 hours a day. So this is only going to be a problem when something goes wrong and the administrators have to fix things.

D

Moves
05 Apr 06

Hi
pls, can u tell me to whom can i say that a player is using a computer?
tnks for the help