Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 12 Jul '04 20:57
    By any chance, is there a database of the games played here? Can it be downloaded?

Regards,

Alopinto
  2. 12 Jul '04 22:16
    I suspect it would be rather large...
  3. 12 Jul '04 23:47
    At least for the tournaments it would be good to have it...
  4. Standard member Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    15 Jul '04 02:14
    You can download a players previous games. Im not sure if you can just download all of them in one go though. Might be worth a check, hold on.....
  5. Standard member Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    15 Jul '04 02:38 / 1 edit
    Oh, this thread is already in Help and site idea's, my bad
    Unfortunately not it seems. You can look at a players public games and then narrow the search to completed games only. This allows you to see the final position of multiple games so you can pick a good one more easily.

I'll ask Russ if he can add this as i think it would be a good idea. I take it you want to be able to run a statistical analysis on a player to work out which openings to play against them yes
  6. 04 Aug '04 21:45
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Unfortunately not it seems. You can look at a players public games and then narrow the search to completed games only. This allows you to see the final position of multiple games so you can pick a good one more easily.

I'll ask Russ if he can add this as i think it would be a good idea. I take it you want to be able to run a statistical analysis on a player to work out which openings to play against them yes
    Shhhhh! Don't tell anybody that I want to gather info about their openings and style of play... People might start hating me :-D

But yes, most of the correspondence websites that I have played on try to keep a neatly organized database but from what I have seen the purpose of this website is not to overdo it...

Cheers