Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member genius
    Wayward Soul
    23 Jul '04 21:12
    would there be any chance of a delete post button? where if you don't like one of your own posts you can delete it within an hour? a bit like the edit button...
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    23 Jul '04 22:33
    Originally posted by genius
    would there be any chance of a delete post button? where if you don't like one of your own posts you can delete it within an hour? a bit like the edit button...
    You can't delete the post, but you could edit it and remove all the content.

    Maybe you could alert the moderator on your own post and they'd delete it. But it's not likely.
  3. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    23 Jul '04 23:23
    Originally posted by Feivel
    You mean like this...CAN A MODERATOR BE SO KIND AS TO DELETE THIS POST

    Feivel
    Plus I alerted the moderator. We'll see what happens.
  4. 24 Jul '04 01:27
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Plus I alerted the moderator. We'll see what happens.
    Thanks Mr. Koresh...I mean Wingett

    Feivel
  5. 24 Jul '04 10:03
    Many months ago my opponent made 1 move & then abandoned
    the game. Yet it is still posted annoyingly on " My Games" as a game
    with Opponent to move...........as if still a current game,,,( which
    of course it is not ). How do I get rid of it as a record on My Games?
    Pressing delete seems to do nothing.
  6. 24 Jul '04 17:05
    See...been deleted

    Feivel
  7. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    24 Jul '04 19:45
    Originally posted by lazza
    Many months ago my opponent made 1 move & then abandoned
    the game. Yet it is still posted annoyingly on " My Games" as a game
    with Opponent to move...........as if still a current game,,,( which
    of course it is not ). How do I get rid of it as a record on My Games?
    Pressing delete seems to do nothing.
    well press delete again and it should show many check boxes scroll down and press ok there you go it should be gone if not send feedback
  8. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    24 Jul '04 21:47
    Originally posted by lazza
    Many months ago my opponent made 1 move & then abandoned
    the game. Yet it is still posted annoyingly on " My Games" as a game
    with Opponent to move...........as if still a current game,,,( which
    of course it is not ). How do I get rid of it as a record on My Games?
    Pressing delete seems to do nothing.
    If it's still on your active games page, first click the delete box.
    You will go to a new page, and that game should already show up with the delete box checked. If not, click the delete box again.

    THEN GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE, AND CLICK 'UPDATE'.

    And since this thread is about deleting posts in the forum and has nothing to do with deleting games, you really should have started a new thread to get help with this.
  9. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    24 Jul '04 21:50
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    If it's still on your active games page, first click the delete box.
    You will go to a new page, and that game should already show up with the delete box checked. If not, click the delete box again.

    THEN GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE, AND CLICK 'UPDATE'.

    And since this thread is about deleting posts in the forum and has nothing to do with deleting games, you really should have started a new thread to get help with this.
    good point LOL
  10. Standard member genius
    Wayward Soul
    26 Jul '04 19:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You can't delete the post, but you could edit it and remove all the content.

    Maybe you could alert the moderator on your own post and they'd delete it. But it's not likely.
    that's what i do-i'd just done it, and though "wouldn't it be nice to have a delete button?". so i started this thread