1. Joined
    30 Jun '09
    Moves
    31 May '11 13:42
    I have made two moves in a game and want to delete it but the bin has dissapeared yet I read that I can delete before I have made three moves. Wot's going on?? Also I don't have the archive option available...
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 May '11 14:02
    When black completes their second move the "delete" option is removed.
    That's how it has worked here at RHP for as long as I can remember.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    31 May '11 23:37
    Originally posted by neilenolix
    I have made two moves in a game and want to delete it but the bin has dissapeared yet I read that I can delete before I have made three moves. Wot's going on?? Also I don't have the archive option available...
    It is a bit confusing, fallen for it myself...'within three moves' could really just be written as 'no more than two moves' will the bin be evident...
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 08:53
    Originally posted by neilenolix
    FAQ

The 3 moves are in total (you and your opponent) which is why, as mwmiller has stated, that the option to delete disappears when you and your opponent have both made your second move.

The archive option will only become available when the game is completed.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 06:47
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    It is a bit confusing, fallen for it myself...'within three moves' could really just be written as 'no more than two moves' will the bin be evident...
    Of course one could write "three half-moves".
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 10:31
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Of course one could write "three half-moves".
    Yes lol, it's confusing for many though and as I mentioned it did catch me out when I had to suffer a long game against a dubious 'player' who'd sent an excellent polite note with a challenge..I didn't have the time to pre check his games as I ordinarily would, it was too late when I did and I missed the bin by a move...the bin is really a last resort but to the non sub essential when running only 6games. More essential to the newest members as they're still finding their feet. Just how many have gone unaware of the bin, otherwise productive players, that have given up here when finding their opponents are just messing them around. Resign if you really want out but it's not the ideal option to many...
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:49
    As probably is no need to point out. After four half moves the earliest checkmate can occur and of corse one can't have a resort to cover ones faulty play by deleting a lost game...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree