1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 16:12
    Question: Do the different sites (timeforchess, chessatwork, etc) show a different set of ads? Are they more family-friendly?
    I can't tell, because I have a subscription, and logging out still doesn't show me the ads...
    I want to recommend RHP to my 11-year-old nephew, but I don't think the Evony ads are appropriate.
    Can someone with an unpaid subscription check them out for me and report back?
    THANKS!
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 16:18
    Originally posted by csimmons22
    Question: Do the different sites (timeforchess, chessatwork, etc) show a different set of ads? Are they more family-friendly?
    I can't tell, because I have a subscription, and logging out still doesn't show me the ads...
    I want to recommend RHP to my 11-year-old nephew, but I don't think the Evony ads are appropriate.
    Can someone with an unpaid subscription check them out for me and report back?
    THANKS!
    Will the ads be appropriate when your nephew is 13?
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 08:14
    The ads are the same on the different "sites", and there's supposed to be a lower limit of 13 on player age. If you're using ad-blocking software the problem can be made to go away.

I'd have to say I wouldn't want 11-year-olds reading these forums though. Have you checked out all the sites designed for younger players?
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 16:07
    Please do not use ad-blocking software, that is not the solution.

It appears people do not appreciate that ads on the web help fund web sites. You have bills to pay? We have bills to pay. The ads help pay our bills. Simple as that.

You must be 13 to join the site. If you are seeing objectionable ads, please send feedback, and take a screenshot if possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree