1. The Smoke
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 23:22
    I've noticed it mentioned while reading some players' profiles that a) they will take the skull + b) disregard/disrespect the vacation flag. While understanding the former (obviously!), I'm failing with the latter part - you cannot do that in practice, can you? if it's there on, player's protected, no matter what, isn't that so? *confused*
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 23:24
    Those profile statements date from the time when you could overrule vacation flags, they've either been left as an indication of player's attitude to slow play, or just not been updated since the vacation system was changed.
  3. The Smoke
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 23:28
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Those profile statements date from the time when you could overrule vacation flags, they've either been left as an indication of player's attitude to slow play, or just not been updated since the vacation system was changed.
    that's a damn fast reply 🙂 thanks for the clarification there..
  4. Joined
    25 Oct '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 18:392 edits
    i am currently playing a game where my opponent has his vacation flag up, but has made a move . what should i do if time runs out? is he on vacation or not? have had no response to my message to them!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 18:49
    Originally posted by kalendorf
    i am currently playing a game where my opponent has his vacation flag up, but has made a move . what should i do if time runs out? is he on vacation or not? have had no response to my message to them!
    You'll never find any skull to klick when he is on vacation.
    However, check this game often, perhaps the vacation is out before he notice it, and the skull appears. When you see the skull - just click it.
  6. Joined
    25 Oct '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 20:40
    Thanx for the advice
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 22:47
    Originally posted by kalendorf
    Players who are on vacation can continue to move in their games and they can also time you out if you fail to move in the allowed time. However, you cannot claim a time-out victory against an opponent while they have their vacation flag up.

The best policy for you is to just keep watching ALL of your games and move when it is your turn, the same as if they were not on vacation..
  8. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 12:04
    When a vacation flag disappears because the vacation is finished, am I correct in assuming that it disappears at midnight Greenwich time? If so, then all I would need to do is check on it at that time of day, or can my opponent remove it earlier?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree