1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 10:36
    i have been running a program which uses the internet ... i want to know how much data it downloads ... what is the easiest way to find out?

i have looked in control panel but could not find what i wanted.

there is no convenient icon in the bottom right corner of my screen either.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 12:44
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i have been running a program which uses the internet ... i want to know how much data it downloads ... what is the easiest way to find out?

i have looked in control panel but could not find what i wanted.

there is no convenient icon in the bottom right corner of my screen either.
    Various firewalls will show how much data is being transferred in real time if that is what you are after.
    I know there will be a program out there somewhere which will collect over a period, allow graphing and MB totals. Don't know of one offhand though.
  3. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 13:171 edit
    I assume your on Windows? From memory...

If you got to your LAN settings, select the device e.g 3com ethernet card... and double click on Icon. In the properties window on the bottom left corner there is an option to display icon on task bar - check this.

When connected, move your mouse over the new little PC icon in the task bar - it will show bytes Tx and Rx.

If you know what port the application is on, you could try 'netstat' from the cmd line. read here http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/aix/cmds/aixcmds4/netstat.htm
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 15:27
    Originally posted by Jack Gable
    I assume your on Windows?
    Heh heh. You make it sound like it is a bad drug.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree