1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '02 16:56
    I just posted this to the homepage :

A much requested update has just taken place to the draw system here at RHP. Draws now must be offered as you move a piece. If you do not wish to accept a draw, just continue the game. This will finally put an end to people unnecessarily stalling games. [Russ]

The result of this is anyone who currently had offered a draw, this has been reset, and the game is returned to the 'in progress' state.

If anyone encounters any problems, please let me know ASAP.

-Russ
  2. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    21 Dec '02 20:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    I just posted this to the homepage :

A much requested update has just taken place to the draw system here at RHP. Draws now must be offered as you move a piece. If you do not wish to accept a draw, just continue the game. This will finally put an end to people unnecessarily stalling games. [Russ]

The result of this is anyone who currently had offered a ...[text shortened]... 'in progress' state.

If anyone encounters any problems, please let me know ASAP.

-Russ
    Russ

I have a problem with game n° 132498 Mariposa - Sintubin. It is an unrated training game and I used the draw offer to talk about the move to come. It was my turn to move, but now the game is at her side. she will not be able to move.
    Can you help? Thanks.
    Gilbert
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '02 21:17
    Originally posted by sintubin
    Russ

I have a problem with game n° 132498 Mariposa - Sintubin. It is an unrated training game and I used the draw offer to talk about the move to come. It was my turn to move, but now the game is at her side. she will not be able to move.
    Can you help? Thanks.
    Gilbert
    Gilbert,

Can you tell me if you are all sorted now?

I have flipped the 'next to move' so you should be ok.

-Russ
  4. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    21 Dec '02 21:45
    Gilbert,

Can you tell me if you are all sorted now?

I have flipped the 'next to move' so you should be ok.

-Russ
    No, Russ

the game is now with me, but when I make the move, it turns from green to pink and the game stays with me. I wanted to make Rd8.
    Gilbert.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Dec '02 22:23
    Ok,

I just logged in as you, and I also can't make a move. I have no idea why this is the case, and I can't see the solution straight away (it's been along day...)

Sorry to hold yout game up, but I might need to sleep on this one.

-Russ
  6. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    21 Dec '02 22:28
    there is no time pressure. We didn't expect to play this evening. Gilbert.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 00:01
    This time it is fixed. Took me hours to spot the mistake. (I should learn how to read FENs 😳 )

Let me know how you get on.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    01 Dec '01
    Moves
    22 Dec '02 08:59
    This time it is fixed. Took me hours to spot the mistake. (I should learn how to read FENs 😳 )

Let me know how you get on.

-Russ
    I could make the move this time. It looks OK now.

Thanks for the fast response and fix.
    Gilbert.
  9. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    23 Dec '02 22:331 edit
    Russ,

Thanks for the new draw feature. However, it needs some explanatory text next to the offer drwa button and/or a dialogue 'error' box that comes up when you try to offer a draw without making the necessary move. People who don't read forums will just assume it's not working properly when they keep going round in circles ;-)

Rhymester

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree