Draws

Standard memberkimwillenson
Help 05 Dec '12 17:21
  1. Joined
    11 Dec '10
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 17:21
    How do I accept an offer of a draw? There's no obvious link to do that...
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 18:561 edit
    There should be a notice ("Your opponent has offered you a draw" ) and you click "accept" to take the draw or just make a move to decline the offer.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 19:18
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    There should be a notice ("Your opponent has offered you a draw" ) and you click "accept" to take the draw or just make a move to decline the offer.
    You can message your opponent during the game,
    chat to him or her as the case may be and through that mechanism
    offer or accept a draw.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 21:28
    Monty's answer is correct. The "offer draw" and "claim draw" links are available to both players while the game in progress. If your opponent clicks on "offer draw" you will on the next move see the "accept or decline draw" link and can follow the instructions there.
  5. Joined
    05 May '09
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 08:44
    I have claimed a draw - my opponent has only the springer and it is impossible to set up the mate. But nothing happened. My opponent doesn't agree for draw because he want to win on time. What shall I do ?
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 11:33
    Originally posted by Brodaty
    I have claimed a draw - my opponent has only the springer and it is impossible to set up the mate. But nothing happened. My opponent doesn't agree for draw because he want to win on time. What shall I do ?
    In fact "insufficient material is Kvs K only at the site. It is morally wrong, but "legally" possible for ghim to obtain a win on time. Your options are to try to get a threefold repetition or the 40 move rule.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 11:341 edit
    Is it Game 9599425 by any chance? I can't believe that a 2300+ player strifing for the site championship title would do such a thing.

However the problem could vanish in the next few moves (I am hardly in a position to by "outside help" so I can probably say that it looks like two more moves to a K vs. K position)
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 11:411 edit
    Originally posted by Brodaty
    I'm aware of the game you speak of...but as it's in progress all I can say that technically I believe the game HAS the material to play on, as a pawn is present...without referring to the fide handbook, there is the certainly the '50 move rule' to play on for, if no pawn has moved and no capture been made for those 50 moves, the game can be claimed a draw...you MUST claim the draw, at that time however ! Or of course there is the threefold repetition...other than this, all I can suggest is patience and play out those 50 moves, OR further make an offer with your opposition. BUT, he is playing for The Championship here, so perhaps it's unlikely.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm really not aware of any other option...
    Edit: Yes, you're quite correct, but your opposition is actually within his rights to defer all offers of a draw as he knows the game will finish the moment your flags drops...sadly..
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 11:431 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Is it Game 9599425 by any chance? I can't believe that a 2300+ player strifing for the site championship title would do such a thing.
    I wondered also...the points look tight between two players for this Championship however...
    Edit: Of course I've just realised that he has his flag out and no time at all left in that game..the moment his flag drops the game is lost...I believe ??
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 12:09
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I wondered also...the points look tight between two players for this Championship however...
    Edit: Of course I've just realised that he has his flag out and no time at all left in that game..the moment his flag drops the game is lost...I believe ??
    that's true, but as long as the OP moves the other timebank is counted down also...
  11. Joined
    05 May '09
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 12:45
    Thanks for the help. So if my opponent doesn't agree for a draw he could win even if it's impossible from chess point of view. I was pretty sure that I manage to escape from difficult position and now it looks that it is not end of the story. This rules should be changed.
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 16:01
    That game ended now in a draw: so everything clear on that point.
  13. Joined
    22 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 02:54
    Brodaty .. my friend .. i heard your complaints .. and offered a draw ..
    i wish that there is no more hard feelings

ali

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree