1. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:52
    Currently it's hard to point someone at a game in progress - if you send a link to the usual playchess.php page it errors unless you're a participant in the game.

It would be really nice is playchess.php detected if you weren't a player and bounced you to the 'viewhistory.php page for third party observers.

That way I have one step to cut/paste to share a game with others.

And, tying into this concept ... I don't know if it's been discussed here, but on another site (honestly, I don't even remember which one it was ... GK perhaps?) there is an option to delay the public view of a game by one or two ply ... kind of like stocks being delayed by 20 minutes I suppose.
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 16:102 edits
    if you want to link your games here in the forum, you can do that this way: Game 123456. You know that?
    If you wnat to send emails or something with likns to your games, you are totally right! 🙂 redirecting to the game's history would be nice.
    th

BTW: anyone knows the first game that has a gamehistory? It guess it's something around Game 10643
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 16:53
    Originally posted by thire
    if you want to link your games here in the forum, you can do that this way: Game 123456. You know that?
    If you wnat to send emails or something with likns to your games, you are totally right! 🙂 redirecting to the game's history would be nice.
    th

BTW: anyone knows the first game that has a gamehistory? It guess it's something around Game 10643
    This is the second oldest game in my archives and it has a game history.

Marc

Game 1546
  4. Cincinnati, USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 18:482 edits

You can email a link to a game - just send a link from the game history screen, not the screen where you make your moves.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    21 Sep '04 07:13
    Originally posted by Gyr
    You can email a link to a game - just send a link from the game history screen, not the screen where you make your moves.
    I think he knows that, but it would be easier/more confortable the way he described it (redirecting to the history)
    th
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    21 Sep '04 07:17
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    This is the second oldest game in my archives and it has a game history.

Marc

Game 1546
    cool, Marc.
    Perhaps you are one of the "oldest" users here (expect Russ and Chris) who is still active?
    Or do you know who Dirty Cow (uid=8) is? No. 2 is Chess Host, ...

An another related question - anybody knows that: Russ has aonther nickname where he is not a subscriber. Just to be sure that there are always ads. He posted once with that username in the forums.

th
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Sep '04 11:14
    cool, Marc.
    Perhaps you are one of the "oldest" users here (expect Russ and Chris) who is still active?
    Or do you know who Dirty Cow (uid=8) is? No. 2 is Chess Host, ...

An another related question - anybody knows that: Russ has aonther nickname where he is not a subscriber. Just to be sure that there are always ads. He posted once with that username in the forums.

th
    Yes, I'm one of the oldest in more ways than one. I'll be age 59 in a few weeks, and am also one of the first to sign up here, and possibly the first non-UK member. My first game was game no. 18.

regards, Marc
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    21 Sep '04 16:44
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Yes, I'm one of the oldest in more ways than one. I'll be age 59 in a few weeks, ...
    lol not that I wanted to say that. I tought that you are one of the longest RHP-members (as you stated). I thought you are a personal friend of Russ and Chris...
    th
  9. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 03:58
    Is there any way to copy a game history to the mouse/keyboard buffer to transfer it to a file?

If not, this would really be helpful.
  10. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 12:16
    Originally posted by mathemos
    Is there any way to copy a game history to the mouse/keyboard buffer to transfer it to a file?

If not, this would really be helpful.
    there is 🙂
    click on "info" in MyGames and then click on "Get PGN/FEN".
    or - another way to raech the http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/pgncutandpaste.php?gameid=578056 page: Go to the gamehistory and click on "Get PGN of this game".
    If you have questions on FEN/PGN, pose them here, look them up in the FAQ, search them on en.wikipedia.org or google them.
    RHP is wonderful, no? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree