1. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    30 Jan '04 00:30
    Hi ... here's a suggestion I'd like to offer.

I often use
    otebook for combinations, positional thoughts, etc., -- I'm sure many people do, with multiple games going and a long time between moves, it's otherwise just hard to remember.

But there's a problem -- you can only edit the
    otebook for a game when it's your move. If you move, then come back to the game a few minutes later and come up with, say, some vicious combination a couple moves down the road, there's no in-game way to write it down.

So can you wonderful people make it so notebook can be edited when it's your opponent's move?

:-)

🙂 😀 😉 😛 😏 😵 🙄
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Jan '04 02:44
    Your post intrigues me for some rather irrelevant reasons. You have spelled "notebook" as "otebook" three times in a row and then finally spelled it correctly the fourth time. These three identical spelling errors appear to be the only ones in your post, all the other spelling and punctuation seems to be correct. It is possible that a simple typing error could account for one misspelling, but three consecutive identical errors would seem to rule this out. Unless you have a defective keyboard which is prone to such errors. The fact that you spelled notebook correctly the fourth time indicates that you do know how to spell the word. So I am at a loss to explain how this rather intriguing error came to pass. Any thoughts?
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '04 05:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Your post intrigues me for some rather irrelevant reasons. You have spelled "notebook" as "otebook" three times in a row and then finally spelled it correctly the fourth time. These three identical spelling errors appear to be the only ones in your post, all the other spelling and punctuation seems to be correct. It is possible that a simple typing erro ...[text shortened]... word. So I am at a loss to explain how this rather intriguing error came to pass. Any thoughts?
    Yes I noticed that too. I also noticed that (n)otebook is preceeded by a line shift in the main text but not in the message header. ? I then looked at the preceeding typed letter and it appears that when it is made with the right hand the (n) registers but when with the left it does not ? This all assumes it is a standard 101 keyboard .

4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    30 Jan '04 11:55
    very very good comments guys... 😉

I wanted to add that this is a very old and perhaps easy to fullfilled wish...
    Some days ago I posted two related ideas:
    a) include the gamenotes in the analyseboard (and I can edit the notes there as well)
    b) put the gamenotes at the bottom of the box, not direct under the message oppponent! This will avoid some mistakes 😉
    c) some browsers have little problems with the textareas of the gamenotes and the opponentmessaging: the textarea is always on the top of the table with the lightblue border and when I write somthing in both textareas I do not know anymore which box was which... [I am sure that nobody knows what I mean, but perhaps Russ trys to write something and uses Opera or Konqerer and he see what I mean...)
    so... very strong supported idea! 🙂
    another old wish: flip boards and some features that come with that...
    th

PS: for all spelling and interpunctation mistakes: I am austrian... and we have no kangoroos 😀
  5. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 19:02
    Heh. You know, I have no idea about the spelling mistakes. I have enough letters behind my name that I should know how to spell the word "notebook" 🙄 Anyway, yea. The request still remains.
  6. London
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 23:401 edit
    Originally posted by thire
    I wanted to add that this is a very old and perhaps easy to fullfilled wish...
    Actually, it might not be so easy to do as you would hope.

As things are now, when it's your turn, yours is the only account that would update the game record in the RHP database (timeouts possibly excepted.) But if you want to edit the game notes, you could be doing that at the same moment as your opponent is making his move. Depending on the way things are implemented, allowing for this could make Russ's life much more complicated.

Any comments, Russ?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '04 09:55
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    Actually, it might not be so easy to do as you would hope.

As things are now, when it's your turn, yours is the only account that would update the game record in the RHP database (timeouts possibly excepted.) But if you want to edit the game notes, you could be doing that at the same moment as your opponent is making his move. Depending on the way t ...[text shortened]... emented, allowing for this could make Russ's life much more complicated.

Any comments, Russ?
    This isn't a problem. One on my TODO list is to revisit the right hand column on the board view. This work will be bundled in with that. But, I must admit, my updates to the main site are a bit slow at the moment, as I'm now focusing on getting RHP Live availble as soon as possible.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree