1. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 15:37
    To Russ and all code monkeys-
    When I went to bed last night I had 4 games waiting. This morning when I woke up , according to the little red bar up by the log out, I had 25 games waiting. I had only 9 new move notifications in my inbox. You do the math. The move notifications seem to show up (or not) randomly. It's not a big deal to me, as I'm on and checking enough that nothing will get by. But it might be a big deal to someone else.(This of course if it is a problem with the site.)

-Just letting you know.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 16:141 edit
    It appears one of the email queues stalled last night. This mail will be delivered, just a little late (and possibly out of order.)

-Russ
  3. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 16:22
    Originally posted by Russ
    It appears one of the email queues stalled last night. This mail will be delivered, just a little late (and possible out of order.)

-Russ
    Ok . Was just about to tell you something similar about a time discrepancy between move and notification, but that probably explains it.

-Thanks
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 17:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    It appears one of the email queues stalled last night. This mail will be delivered, just a little late (and possibly out of order.)

-Russ
    Ok, since I don't understand much about PC's then I guess that stall explains why I'm receiving emails saying my rivals moved when it's not true, BUT they moved when I was checking my games and not email notification was sent... something like that.

Am I right? Is it the same problem stated in the first place? Will I loose games by time out for not moving since they don't appear in my "games waiting" red stripe?

Confused 😞
  5. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 18:49
    Originally posted by jareyes
    Ok, since I don't understand much about PC's then I guess that stall explains why I'm receiving emails saying my rivals moved when it's not true, BUT they moved when I was checking my games and not email notification was sent... something like that.

Am I right? Is it the same problem stated in the first place? Will I loose games by time out for not moving since they don't appear in my "games waiting" red stripe?

Confused 😞
    The email notifications you're getting are from game moves that happened earlier today, yesterday, or from the past whenever. The time on them will reflect when the notification arrived in your computer's inbox, but has no relation to when the move was actually made. You should basicly ignore any move notification in your pc's inbox till Russ gets things sorted out. Instead, log into the site and go straight to "my Games". That should be accurate. If you have games on short time out/time bank you should check often until Russ fixes the problem.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 20:24
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    The email notifications you're getting are from game moves that happened earlier today, yesterday, or from the past whenever. The time on them will reflect when the notification arrived in your computer's inbox, but has no relation to when the move was actually made. You should basicly ignore any move notification in your pc's inbox till Russ gets things ...[text shortened]... have games on short time out/time bank you should check often until Russ fixes the problem.
    I get it. Thanks for the hint. Cheers! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree