1. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    27 May '09 15:45
    During the last three months, when using these features , I have found that I cannot use the 'Go Back' button or the keyboard command 'Alt'+'←' to go to an earlier display. Instead I have to use either the 'View' then 'Go To', or Alt'+'V' then 'O', to get a drop down menu listing 'sites visited' and then click on the previous site I want. This menu also shows that one or other of the advertising addresses

http://b.casalemedia.com/V2/59847/92310 or
    http://b.casalemedia.com/V2/59848/92311
    has been inserted into the list by an outside party. In some way these appear to prevent the use of the first mentioned commands.
    I sent feedback on this, and have received the following reply from RHP administration.

"We currently have 2 options to resolve this :
    1. Remove Casalemedia from our chosen ad networks partners.
    2. Leave as is.
    Currently, we are not getting reports of this issue from other users, although I acknowledge the issue does exists.
    To turn off Casalemedia as a supplier of ads would result in a drop of revenue for the site, so I'm afraid without further reports of dissatisfaction caused by these ads, we are unlikely to turn them off until a suitable replacement has been found."

Has nobody else at all found this annoying problem?
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by Essex 3
    During the last three months, when using these features , I have found that I cannot use the 'Go Back' button or the keyboard command 'Alt'+'←' to go to an earlier display. Instead I have to use either the 'View' then 'Go To', or Alt'+'V' then 'O', to get a drop down menu listing 'sites visited' and then click on the previous site I want. This menu a t has been found."

I have noticed it but it doesnt bother me much to be honest.

It's been a while since I tried but I'm sure quickly clicking the back button twice will take you where you wanna go when only one doesnt work (I could be wrong).
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 May '09 21:10
    During the last three months, when using these features , I have found that I cannot use the 'Go Back' button or the keyboard command 'Alt'+'←' to go to an earlier display. Instead I have to use either the 'View' then 'Go To', or Alt'+'V' then 'O', to get a drop down menu listing 'sites visited' and then click on the previous site I want. This menu a ...[text shortened]... t has been found."

You may find this site useful -

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
  4. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    28 May '09 09:36
    Originally posted by MCA
    I have noticed it but it doesnt bother me much to be honest.

It's been a while since I tried but I'm sure quickly clicking the back button twice will take you where you wanna go when only one doesnt work (I could be wrong).
    Thanks for the suggestion. Have tried both double 'Left-click' and double 'Right-click' on the 'Back' button, but neither seems to work.
  5. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    28 May '09 09:43
    Originally posted by orangutan

Thanks for the "Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File" address
    you sent, but I work from library computers, so I can't deal with the problem this way. I will keep the address though, I may get my own PC one day, then it will be very useful.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 13:40
    Thanks for the "Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File" address
    you sent, but I work from library computers, so I can't deal with the problem this way. I will keep the address though, I may get my own PC one day, then it will be very useful.
    Casale ads have now been dropped after a complaint about ad content, so that should be your problem solved now.
  7. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 09:29
    Originally posted by Russ
    Casale ads have now been dropped after a complaint about ad content, so that should be your problem solved now.
    Thank you, It is a relief to be able to use the keyboard shortcut again, as I have always found this quicker.
  8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    04 Jun '09 00:26
    Originally posted by orangutan

Another option is, of course, to subscribe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree