1. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 07:15
    Hi All, I've started using Zonealarm firewall software just recently and since activating it the loading time to go from one game to the next waiting game has increased and in some cases only brings the board graphic in but not the pieces or doesn't load at all.

Has any one had a similar experience and remedied it or know a fix? I have a preference for the Zonealarm firewall over the Windows one because the former is a bit more configurable but I note I didn't have this problem with the windows firewall. Any assistance welcome.😕
  2. Joined
    12 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 09:052 edits
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    Hi All, I've started using Zonealarm firewall software just recently and since activating it the loading time to go from one game to the next waiting game has increased and in some cases only brings the board graphic in but not the pieces or doesn't load at all.

Has any one had a similar experience and remedied it or know a fix? I have a preference for ...[text shortened]... le but I note I didn't have this problem with the windows firewall. Any assistance welcome.😕
    if you are having a poblem with zone alarm blocking parts of this site then try adding an exception rule (in privacy > site list > add) and set it so all are allowed from that source....if you feel that this would leave your computer too vulnerable then by process of elimination leave only the ones that are necesary allowed. im not sure if this is available in the free version or not but it is in ZA pro. although i am uncertain if this program will actually be what is causing the problem as i have always used zone alarm and have never encountered this issue.
    hope this helps you

(EDITS: sorry these were for my terrible spelling lol)
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:33
    Originally posted by Joshua B
    if you are having a poblem with zone alarm blocking parts of this site then try adding an exception rule (in privacy > site list > add) and set it so all are allowed from that source....if you feel that this would leave your computer too vulnerable then by process of elimination leave only the ones that are necesary allowed. im not sure if this is avail ...[text shortened]... ed this issue.
    hope this helps you

(EDITS: sorry these were for my terrible spelling lol)
    sounds like good advice, i would say the same, put this web site in the allowed list within the firewall configuraton settings, something else that may be causing the problem is if you still have windows firewall on, you should never have two firewalls running, i wouldnt even advise having a hardware and software firewall, too many conflicts...
  4. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 07:17
    Many thanks for the ideas guys but I already have the site in the permitted sites list. So I don't think that is the issue. I have temporarily exited the Zonealarm software and the delay and non load problem simply doesn't occur. So I'm certain it lies with the firewall settings.

Having said that - I have heard that Microsoft are having some issues with their anti-phishing routine. Is it possible that there could be a compatibility problem between Zonealarm and the anti-phishing service?

I have also heard that Microsoft are fixing it albeit very quietly i.e. I can't see the fix any where on their download page.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 11:56
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    Many thanks for the ideas guys but I already have the site in the permitted sites list. So I don't think that is the issue. I have temporarily exited the Zonealarm software and the delay and non load problem simply doesn't occur. So I'm certain it lies with the firewall settings.

Having said that - I have heard that Microsoft are having some issues with ...[text shortened]... are fixing it albeit very quietly i.e. I can't see the fix any where on their download page.
    Did you try leaving Zone Alarm how it is and disabling the M$ phishing option?
    That could prove it one way or the other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree