Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 26 Apr '03 17:05 / 1 edit
    Hi Russ!

Maybe it's an idea to not only show the last poster in a thread but also the first poster of the thread (the creator) this makes it easier to recognise certain threads if you could not remember the thread-name.

Just an idea😏

Olav
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    26 Apr '03 19:19
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    Hi Russ!

Maybe it's an idea to not only show the last poster in a thread but also the first poster of the thread (the creator) this makes it easier to recognise certain threads if you could not remember the thread-name.

Just an idea😏

Olav
    Okay, then you see not just half of the names here "thire" but two thirds πŸ˜‰

I think it'd be nice to see the last poster's name in forum-list.
    And a list of the latest 10 postings...
  3. 27 Apr '03 02:59
    Originally posted by thire
    Okay, then you see not just half of the names here "thire" but two thirds πŸ˜‰

I think it'd be nice to see the last poster's name in forum-list.
    And a list of the latest 10 postings...
    what about if you could highlight a few threads (upto 5) and on the My Home page you could see if anyone posted since you last viewed it
  4. 27 Apr '03 06:17
    Both livinglegend's and uncleadam's suggestion would be good, really it depends on how easy (or which won is easier) for Russ to code.

-mike

ps i would be happy with either or both πŸ˜€
  5. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    27 Apr '03 07:53
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    what about if you could highlight a few threads (upto 5) and on the My Home page you could see if anyone posted since you last viewed it
    Great idea... it'll take Russ a lot of work.
  6. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    27 Apr '03 09:49
    this is the beginning of a colletion of very very good ideas... πŸ˜€
    (somehow "Casablanca&quotπŸ˜‰
    th
  7. 27 Apr '03 14:22
    Originally posted by thire
    this is the beginning of a colletion of very very good ideas... πŸ˜€
    (somehow "Casablanca"πŸ˜‰
    th
    I agree with you Thomas!😏

Adams Idea is cool, is it possible that you could get a message like:
    Your post is replyed to or something?
  8. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    28 Apr '03 16:37
    I agree with you Thomas!😏

Adams Idea is cool, is it possible that you could get a message like:
    Your post is replyed to or something?
    Ask Russ all this stuff when he gets back. He'll carry them out. Thet r good ideas.
  9. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    28 Apr '03 16:49
    Or you could get e-mailed. πŸ˜›
  10. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    28 Apr '03 18:05
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    Or you could get e-mailed. πŸ˜›
    Let's keep this thread going so that Russ will look at it when back.
  11. 28 Apr '03 22:07
    Originally posted by CFC
    Let's keep this thread going so that Russ will look at it when back.
    Yeah, that's an idea...πŸ˜‰ I've been on other forums and their you could choose to be mailed/messaged if someone replied to your post...that would be an idea, cause I don't think everybody wants to get a thousand e-mails a day just from RHPπŸ˜•

Olav

p.s. See it as the e-mails from games! You can turn them off as wel!
  12. Standard member orkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    29 Apr '03 18:14
    Yeah, that's an idea...πŸ˜‰ I've been on other forums and their you could choose to be mailed/messaged if someone replied to your post...that would be an idea, cause I don't think everybody wants to get a thousand e-mails a day just from RHPπŸ˜•

Olav

p.s. See it as the e-mails from games! You can turn them off as wel!
    It's really annoying, those your opponent has moved e-mails after 2 weeks on RHP my e-mail was clogged up and I almost had my account deleted. πŸ™
  13. 29 Apr '03 20:21
    Originally posted by CFC
    Great idea... it'll take Russ a lot of work.
    not really....it will just have something thats on one part of the site appear in another part to
  14. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    29 Apr '03 21:04
    Hi Russ!

Just an idea😏

Olav
    Great minds think alike! I had this exact same idea (the thread is on page 7 of this forums, titled "Thread Page" πŸ™‚)
  15. 30 Apr '03 12:16
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    It's really annoying, those your opponent has moved e-mails after 2 weeks on RHP my e-mail was clogged up and I almost had my account deleted. πŸ™
    You probably know now, but for sure: You can turn them off! Go to My Home (The menu, not the picture!) and then to My Site Settings!

Olav