Flip Board

Standard memberDreamlaX
Help 27 Jul '04 23:47
  1. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    27 Jul '04 23:47
    I would find it incredibly useful to have a flip board feature when analysing. Quite often when I view a situation from my opponents point of view I can quickly see his plan, as well as the holes that are in my plan!
  2. Dublin , Ireland.
    Moves
    31 Jul '04 08:16
    Originally posted by DreamlaX
    I would find it incredibly useful to have a flip board feature when analysing. Quite often when I view a situation from my opponents point of view I can quickly see his plan, as well as the holes that are in my plan!
    Seconded !
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    03 Aug '04 02:23
    One thing you can do is go into the persons profile and look at their current challenges. Just search for your name and there you go 😉
  4. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    03 Aug '04 14:26
    The flip board feature is already available when you go to print the board, but it would be much handier if it was also a feature of the analytical board as well.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    03 Aug '04 16:29
    a very "basic" and old wish. Not too important, but it guess it will come one day. I hope so 😉
    th
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '04 06:46
    Originally posted by thire
    a very "basic" and old wish. Not too important, but it guess it will come one day. I hope so 😉
    th
    Yes, it offers much in that a change of "perspective" refreshes ones thinking.
    Fischer was renowned for leaving the board and wandering round to the side and rear of the table to study the position, much to the chargrin of his opponent and officials. All legal though, but only on your clock.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Aug '04 09:50
    Originally posted by skeeter
    ... All legal though, but only on your clock...
    What?!? 🙄 I am not allowed to leave my seat (aand walk around) when it's my opponetnt's turn?
    th
  8. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Aug '04 13:40
    What?!? 🙄 I am not allowed to leave my seat (aand walk around) when it's my opponetnt's turn?
    th
    I thought in OTB, is was perfectly legal to wander around on your opponent's time, even to look from behind them.

(I certainly hope not, I did it at the World Open a few weeks ago 🙂)

-Tim
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '04 05:00
    th
    Nope. If anyone turns their monitor upside-down off-clock then the "flash gonna get ya" and we all know what that means 😵

skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree