1. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 12:181 edit
    When the question of limiting this site for newcomers came up I tried to argue the case that we should keep it as open & accessable & free as we could, so that all the people who couldn't afford or who had not yet found the joys of RHP could have maximum involvement.

I've changed my mind. Sod them. I have a site that I like & I'm a paying member for (I will be subscribing as soon as I've been a pawn star for a year), and I'm fed up of it being lessened by inane posts from attention seeking idiots. So all my previous objections are removed. Stop all newcomers from posting for the first month. Don't let non-subscribers post. Limit non-subscribers to 3 games. Let them see how good the site is, but don't let them enjoy it fully 'till they've coughed up. Remove peoples posting rights after the first warning. Ban people and keep their cash. I don't care about others any more; it's time for me to be as selfish as some others at this site are being. 😠
  2. Joined
    14 Aug '01
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 13:49
    I agree with everything you said!
  3. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 16:10
    I agree 178% !! And anyone who uses an offensive name should be banned permanently if they refuse to change it. (A certain individual comes to mind right now).
  4. Standard memberschweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 18:38
    Don't you think you give this kid too much attention??
  5. DonationSmash
    Its MY country
    Canada
    Moves
    28 Mar '03 19:08
    Speaking from experience I'd say the best way to deal with such individuals is to simply ignore them.Do not respond to posts.Period.

Folks like this are just seeking attention.If they don't get it,they quickly become bored and leave.Thye important thing to remember when being baited is not to bite.

A few bad apples should never be allowed to spoil things for the apple barrel.
  6. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    29 Mar '03 08:03
    Originally posted by Smash
    Speaking from experience I'd say the best way to deal with such individuals is to simply ignore them.Do not respond to posts.Period.

Folks like this are just seeking attention.If they don't get it,they quickly become bored and leave.Thye important thing to remember when being baited is not to bite.

A few bad apples should never be allowed to spoil things for the apple barrel.
    When you're right, you're right, and you sir are right. I like to give people a chance to modify themselves, but I am begginning to see that people who abuse (you know who of late) are putting people like me in a bad place.

Since I started coming here, I would like to think that I have been good company. I play as much chess as is permitted by my restrictions or close to it (8 to 10). I have been very involved in the forums. In general I just try to be a good citizen and have a good time, just like most of the people here. Just as the paying members don't want the site ruined, neither do I. I really can't afford it, but to show my support I will come up with the money (I'll find a way).
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Mar '03 08:31
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    When the question of limiting this site for newcomers came up I tried to argue the case that we should keep it as open & accessable & free as we could, so that all the people who couldn't afford or who had not yet found the joys of RHP could have maximum involvement.

I've changed my mind. Sod them. I have a site that I like & I'm a paying member f ...[text shortened]... ut others any more; it's time for me to be as selfish as some others at this site are being. 😠
    Hallelujah.
  8. Ireland
    Moves
    30 Mar '03 16:04
    what Omnislash said x2
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Mar '03 17:52
    Omnislash , you are indeed a valued member of the RHP community.

You are under no pressure to subscribe, as long as you can continue to play here within the current game limits. (Which, unfortunately, was just lowered)

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree