Fritz 8/HIARCS 7

Fritz 8/HIARCS 7

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Mar 04

Hey Feivle, from what I understand CM9K would get beat by Fritz 9 and perhaps Shredder... is this true?

I will offer you an unrated game with CM9K if you like, so you can show these guys. The choice is yours, let me know.

I'd feel better myself seing a human beat it! 😉

It will be running on a 1 gig duron with 512 Kram. I could set the think mode to 999 seconds averaging about 16 to 22 minutes per move. Or I can set it to think anywere from 1 second up to about 16 1/2 minutes per move.

P-

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04
4 edits

Originally posted by Feivel
And I must reiterate my statement...on equal hardware Fritz would crush Shredder. Also if you care to look at the match you would see quite alot of seesaw action by both computers. Why don't you post what the match score was at 10 games, 20 ...[text shortened]... ld give you the URL to the forum but it escapes me at the present.
....mmm....
thanks for the tip, i went,
i found in their links:
ICGA at Graz: November 22nd - 30th, 2003: Shredder is the new World Computer Chess Champion.

in the computer chess club forum, the most recent post is:
Super Tournament (Round 42 of 60 completed - results, standings, games) - Graham Banks 20:39:06 3/05/2004 (0)
STANDINGS
Shredder 8 - 27.0
Chess Tiger 15 - 26.5
Fritz 8 - 26.5
Deep Sjeng 1.5 - 24.0
Hiarcs 9 - 24.0
List 512 - 23.0
Ruffian 2.0.0 - 22.5
El Chinito 3.25 - 22.0
Chessmaster 9000 - 21.0
Junior 8 - 20.5
Aristarch 4.37 - 19.5
Rebel 12 - 17.5
Gandalf 5 - 17.0
Crafty 19.08 - 15.5
Nimzo 8 - 15.0
SOS 4 - 14.5

also a lot of controversy talk there about ssdf - a bit like dantes here it would seem.

i think you are considering the old shredders: they were poor.

F

Moves
06 Mar 04

Originally posted by marinakatomb
This is true, but with an up to date virus checker, and careful use it's not too bad.
Not true at all. A trojan is not detected by most AV software and a worm most certainly isn't.

Feivel the Freethinker

F

Moves
06 Mar 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Hey Feivle, from what I understand CM9K would get beat by Fritz 9 and perhaps Shredder... is this true?

I will offer you an unrated game with CM9K if you like, so you can show these guys. The choice is yours, let me know.

I'd fee ...[text shortened]... k anywere from 1 second up to about 16 1/2 minutes per move.

P-
CM9k would get beat by most computer programs (running on their own computer). The game where i TO Dantes that everybody was claiming was a win for Dantes was where i obtained an easy draw against CM9k played by Timmy Toilet. i will gladly take on CM in an unrated game and it can use 20 minutes per move or 20 hours...really makes no difference to me. We can do it here or if you prefer we can do it by email or if Russ has no objection we can do it in the only chess forum by posting there.

Feivel the Freethinker

F

Moves
06 Mar 04

Originally posted by flexmore
....mmm....
thanks for the tip, i went,
i found in their links:
ICGA at Graz: November 22nd - 30th, 2003: Shredder is the new World Computer Chess Champion.

in the computer chess club forum, the most recent post is:
Super Tournament (Round 42 of 60 completed - results, standings, games) - Graham Banks 20:39:06 3/05/2004 (0)
STANDINGS
Shredder 8 ...[text shortened]... ike dantes here it would seem.

i think you are considering the old shredders: they were poor.
And if you look at the stats of the match you will see what the numbers say. Do you wonder why there is a controversy though? The hardware was NOT the same for each engine. For that matter each engine was NOT playing with it's usual GUI overhead. Therfore the standings you cite really don't mean too much. The SSDF is nothing more than a major controversy which you can read about in the older posts on CCC (and I mean 1-2 years old).

Feivel the Freethinker

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04
1 edit

(and I mean 1-2 years old).
😀

through the CCC - today - i see three sources of comparison between the programs of today. all of these three say the same thing.

they all claim to run programs on equal hardware.

fritz is good they say, but not the best. they all have shredder in top spot.

F

Moves
06 Mar 04

😀

through the CCC - today - i see three sources of comparison between the programs of today. all of these three say the same thing.

they all claim to run programs on equal hardware.

fritz is good they say, but not the best. they all have shredder in top spot.
Once again (and for the last time0 I will ask you why is there controversy. The matter is not as clear as you assume (remember what happens when you assume). The results you posted are an incomplete tournament and Shredder is leading by 1/2 point over Fritz and Chess Tiger AT THE MOMENT. By the end of the tournament the standings will most certainly be different. Now if you are so sure Shredder can beat Fritz go buy Shredder and I will find my CD of Fritz 8 and I will gladly play you an unrated game. If you are not willing stop with your unfounded comments or at least understand that an incomplete tournament is proof of nothing (except that the tournament is incomplete). Believe me there wouldn't be a controversy on CCC if the results you mentioned were conclusive.

Feivel the Freethinker

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04

Once again (and for the last time0 I will ask you why is there controversy. The matter is not as clear as you assume (remember what happens when you assume). The results you posted are an incomplete tournament and Shredder is leading by 1/2 point over Fritz and Chess Tiger AT THE MOMENT. By the end of the tournament the standings will most certainly be differ ...[text shortened]... be a controversy on CCC if the results you mentioned were conclusive.

Feivel the Freethinker
you asked me to go to CCC. i went.

did you?

it sounds as though you did not.

F

Moves
06 Mar 04

How did I know about it? You really are a comedian...too bad your from Oz...are you a wizard also...maybe you should change your name to Dorothy 🙂

Feivel the Freethinker

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
06 Mar 04

What's the URL for the CCC?

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04
2 edits

Originally posted by rwingett
What's the URL for the CCC?
http://www.talkchess.com/ccc_charter.html

a new posting on CCC, relating to an old tournament:

My previous tournament:

Athlon 2000
128mb hash each
3,4,5 piece tablebases
Own books where able
40 moves in 20 minutes repeating
Each program plays 4 games against all others (76 rounds)

Fritz 8 – 56
Junior 8 – 52.5
Chess Tiger 15 – 51.5
Shredder 7.04 – 50
Chessmaster 9000 – 43
Deep Sjeng 1.05 – 43
Hiarcs 8 – 43
Aristarch 4.21 – 42.5
SOS 3 – 41.5
Ruffian 1.01 – 39.5
List 504 – 38
Gandalf 5 – 36
Nimzo 8 – 34
Yace 0.99.50 – 33
Anaconda 1.0 – 30.5
Little Goliath Nemesis – 29.5
Tao 5.4 – 28
Crafty 19.03 – 24.5
Pharaon 2.62 – 22.5
Comet B60 – 21.5

maybe that will cheer feivel up!

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04

How did I know about it? You really are a comedian...too bad your from Oz...are you a wizard also...maybe you should change your name to Dorothy 🙂

Feivel the Freethinker
are you in a bad mood?

F

Moves
06 Mar 04

are you in a bad mood?
No your question asking if i went there was totally stupid 🙂

Feivel

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04

No your question asking if i went there was totally stupid 🙂

Feivel
something to do with you not knowing the url, and having a different opinion from what i found there.

i should have asked " did you go there today?"

F

Moves
06 Mar 04

something to do with you not knowing the url, and having a different opinion from what i found there.

i should have asked " did you go there today?"
Why must I have the same opinion as you? It seems not everyone on CCC is of the same opinion either. The reason I didn't remember the URL is because it is in my favorites NOT something I type ny hand. Since i am on Opera and it is not on my personal bar it is filed within my folder heirarchy and i didn't feel like digging through them at the moment. To answer your question, yes I have been ther today. Now you can answer a question, from the tone of your postds it sounds like you are a 12 year old. Are you?

Feivel the Freethinker