1. Joined
    12 Jul '10
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 12:11
    Just accepted an open invite. When opened board, there were 3 pawns already moved. I cancelled the game, but why would this happen? Was there another way to correct the board to show beginning positions?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 13:17
    The person who created the open-invite game has created a "set-piece" game, where the pieces have been arranged in positions that represent something other than the regulation starting position. Perhaps it represents the first few moves of some book opening that they wish to practice on.

If you look at the bottom of the open-invite page there is an icon that represents a set piece game, and that icon should also appear on the right side of the line where you found the game. You can click on the icon there and see what the position is before you accept that game. The person who created it may have also included information about what the position represents, as well.

It is not a rated game, but I believe it would still count as a win or loss in your statistics.

I hope this helped.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '10
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 17:31
    Thanks. I did not know you could set up a game like this. Live & learn!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree